Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 7:31am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Bum deal on ebay »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Searching, Buying, Paying, Shipping, Storing
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   Bum deal on ebay
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bum deal on ebay  (Read 519 times)
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

Bum deal on ebay
« on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 3:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I won an auction on ebay and paid for a set of boxtoppers.  I never got it.  Because I gave it so long, it is no longer listed in my ebay/paypal interactions.  Granted I should have saved the important info, is there anything I can do?
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
sylvanstu

Amoung the darkest ashes grows the strongest seeds

View Profile

Re: Bum deal on ebay
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 5:47am »

did you pay by paypal if you did it should be listed there.

In the future always keep your e-mails from e-bay. put them in a seperate folder in your e-mail.
IP Logged

Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.
l0qii

Give me arctic circle candy!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:20am »

if it's less than 3 months old, you can still search for it on ebay under completed auctions
IP Logged

Magic the Gathering Stuff
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 4:10pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:20am, l0qii wrote:
if it's less than 3 months old, you can still search for it on ebay under completed auctions

Or, if feedback has not been left yet, the auction can be located there also.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 5:15pm »

You can only use eBay to go back 30 days worth of stuff in your account history (My eBay).  eBay does maintain auctions links viewable for up to 90 days.  In practice, should I suspect that an item is taking an excessive amount of time to get to me, I ensure to specifically bookmark that auction for future need.  Also as sylvanstu pointed out, save any and all correspondence on an auction, preferably in a seperate folder.  l0qii had the best idea of searching for the item and looking under completed items.  Your only recourse really is to file a negative feedback on the seller.   I have had little luck complaining to eBay on one infraction I was completely justified on a few years back.
IP Logged

See my current needs here: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mintcollector/
silver.paladin

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 6:37pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2003, 5:15pm, mintcollector wrote:
You can only use eBay to go back 30 days worth of stuff in your account history (My eBay).  eBay does maintain auctions links viewable for up to 90 days.  In practice, should I suspect that an item is taking an excessive amount of time to get to me, I ensure to specifically bookmark that auction for future need.  Also as sylvanstu pointed out, save any and all correspondence on an auction, preferably in a seperate folder.  l0qii had the best idea of searching for the item and looking under completed items.  Your only recourse really is to file a negative feedback on the seller.   I have had little luck complaining to eBay on one infraction I was completely justified on a few years back.

Just to add on to what you are saying about leaving feedback, is be careful.  I would not leave feedback until about day 89, because if the seller has a low feedback, and you leave him/her negative feedback, odds are good that the seller will leave you negative feedback in response. It does not matter whether or not you did anything bad in the deal or not, once the negative feedback is given, its next to impossible to get rid of, and it does not matter how you try to explain the negative to another potential seller/buyer.

I found this out myself the hard way.  I got screwed around by a seller, as did a couple other buyers at the same time.  So I left a negative feedback, and he left negative in return for me, blaming it on the mail.  I was not going to leave feedback initially for this person until I realized others were complaining, so I left the feedback also.  Now I regret doing it, as his screwing me around, not only on the cards, but my only blot on an otherwise perfect feedback.
IP Logged

dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:03pm »

how do I get to the 90-day option on ebay?
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:33pm »

The quickest way to find your closed item will be by doing an advanced search.  Go to eBay.  click the search button at the top of the page.  This will bring up a search page.  Click the on the Advanced Search tab.  You then have an option to locate completed items.
IP Logged

mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:40pm »

I think you might be in trouble.  An Advanced Search only goes back for 2 weeks.  I also tried a search by seller, and that only goes back 30 days.  I am assuming dry_cereal needs to go 30+ days back.  Anyone else have any ideas?
IP Logged

motorcitymagic

Voted Best-loved Forum Member of 2004.

motorcitymagic  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:11pm »

dry - Did you save any of the emails from eBay, like your posting confirmation, or end of auction notice?

Did you pay via PayPal? You can look in your account history for the payment you made. The details will show the item name and eBay item number.
IP Logged

MTG Archive - a free online encyclopedia devoted to Magic
silver.paladin

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:41pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2003, 8:40pm, mintcollector wrote:
I think you might be in trouble.  An Advanced Search only goes back for 2 weeks.  I also tried a search by seller, and that only goes back 30 days.  I am assuming dry_cereal needs to go 30+ days back.  Anyone else have any ideas?

Mintcollector,
Would you not agree with my previous post, that if he has not left feedback yet for the seller, he can look at the feedback for up to 90 days to get the item? Or am I misunderstanding what is being asked here?

My Ebay - Feedback - Leave Feedback
IP Logged

l0qii

Give me arctic circle candy!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:21pm »

yes if he hasn't left feedback yet he can get to it that way. Otherwise you can still go into the category that it was posted in, do a reagular search there using the form on the left hand side, and there's a link in there for "completed auctions". That will still go back 90 days.
IP Logged

Magic the Gathering Stuff
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!
silver.paladin

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:44pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:21pm, l0qii wrote:
yes if he hasn't left feedback yet he can get to it that way. Otherwise you can still go into the category that it was posted in, do a reagular search there using the form on the left hand side, and there's a link in there for "completed auctions". That will still go back 90 days.

Interesting.  I am going to have to try that myself when I get home from work.
Yet another good reason to attend Magic Rarities - learn more about EBAY!!
IP Logged

mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 4:54pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2003, 9:41pm, silver.paladin wrote:

Mintcollector,
Would you not agree with my previous post, that if he has not left feedback yet for the seller, he can look at the feedback for up to 90 days to get the item? Or am I misunderstanding what is being asked here?

My Ebay - Feedback - Leave Feedback

I tried it myself and you are right, this is a way.  
See the problem is that I maintain my own records and my auctions usually get all parts completed within a week or 2, so I have never had the realy need to go farther myself.  Learn something new every day.
IP Logged

mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 5:01pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2003, 10:21pm, l0qii wrote:

I believe eBay changed the length of time they show completed items.  I remembered only 30 days, but I just did a test again now just as I did yesterday.  It appears that the limit is now only 2 weeks of completed history.   For example, I just did a test to look for Birds of Paradise, a core card that there is always tons of daily.  The date only goes back to Oct 9 as the earliest history.  Your statment may have been true at one time, but I cannot see any way of finding a way to configure how many days of completed history you want.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.