Magic Library Forum (http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl)
Archive (no new threads please) >> Member Information >> CHat room?
(Message started by: sylvanstu on Oct 21st, 2004, 9:47am)

Title: CHat room?
Post by sylvanstu on Oct 21st, 2004, 9:47am

Ralph have you ever thought of putting up a chat room i see guys on all the time i wouldn't mind talking to but its a pain in the ass through PM's does anyone else feel this way or is it just me [smiley=ok.gif]

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by van8888 on Oct 21st, 2004, 12:50pm

We have one.  Its #MagicRarities on IRC.  

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by sylvanstu on Oct 21st, 2004, 2:15pm

ok how do i get there is there a link [smiley=smarty.gif]

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by pickle.69 on Oct 21st, 2004, 3:36pm

I also did not find it either didn`t understand what I had to do to get to the room.
tips and tricks awaited thanks for help

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by Muldoon on Oct 21st, 2004, 3:45pm

Ok, for all you slackers  [smiley=veryangry.gif] who don't want to download a program for connecting, here's how you do it the simplest way possible:

1. Go to this webpage: http://chat.efnet.info
2. Type in a nickname, maximum is 9 characters on efnet.
3. Press Log in.
4. When you are in a channel (probably called #webchat), type /join #magicrarities
5. Press the enter key, you should now be in the #magicrarities channel.
6. Chat!

Any questions?  [smiley=smarty.gif]

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by sylvanstu on Oct 21st, 2004, 3:52pm


on 10/21/04 at 15:45:11, Muldoon wrote:
Ok, for all you slackers [smiley=veryangry.gif] who don't want to download a program for connecting, here's how you do it the simplest way possible:

1. Go to this webpage: http://chat.efnet.info
2. Type in a nickname, maximum is 9 characters on efnet.
3. Press Log in.
4. When you are in a channel (probably called #webchat), type /join #magicrarities
5. Press the enter key, you should now be in the #magicrarities channel.
6. Chat!

Any questions? [smiley=smarty.gif]


Damn thats what i was looking for and yes i'm a slacker if i knew computers  well i wouldn't have asked if there was a link [smiley=veryangry.gif] hows that for attitude jess take a chill pill and by the way thank you very much a really appreciate it  ;D [smiley=laugh.gif]

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by silver.paladin on Oct 21st, 2004, 3:57pm


on 10/21/04 at 15:52:21, sylvanstu wrote:
Damn thats what i was looking for and yes i'm a slacker if i knew computers well i wouldn't have asked if there was a link [smiley=veryangry.gif] hows that for attitude jess take a chill pill and by the way thank you very much a really appreciate it ;D [smiley=laugh.gif]


Hey Sylvanstu,
I don't think there was any intent of attitude here.  There has been a few threads about this EFNet room already.  Just last week (I think it was) Dry_Cereal posted again about the room, and gave fairly detailed instructions on how to set it up.  
I remember reading his post while I was at work, so I was unable to do anything about it myself, but there was about a dozen or so users online at that time, and I think that was the reason Ben posted it.  And there were at least 2 posts prior to that giving instructions how to access it.  I know that, because I had needed step-by-step instructions on how to access the room also   [smiley=ok.gif]

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by sylvanstu on Oct 21st, 2004, 4:05pm

I know i was joking see the little guy laughing and i thanked him

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by Muldoon on Oct 21st, 2004, 6:14pm

So like, I finally managed to explain it successfully ;D
Five new people in one afternoon, lots of talk going on, I like it! Bring it on people, if you have a spare moment come in and say hello ;) If MCM, Jan, Sylvanstu and Pickle made it in there, you can do it too! ;)

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by pickle.69 on Oct 21st, 2004, 6:16pm

this thing is idiot save nothin you can make wrong
thanks

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by motorcitymagic on Oct 21st, 2004, 6:19pm


on 10/21/04 at 18:14:59, Muldoon wrote:
So like, I finally managed to explain it successfully ;D
Five new people in one afternoon, lots of talk going on, I like it! Bring it on people, if you have a spare moment come in and say hello ;) If MCM, Jan, Sylvanstu and Pickle made it in there, you can do it too! ;)

I've tried meeting up there before, but by the time I get off work here in the US, all the Europeans are probably just going to sleep.  With the website, I can do it from work.

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by fvzappa on Oct 23rd, 2004, 2:37am

Just joined up too. Glad to see a few of you on there!

Title: Re: CHat room?
Post by sylvanstu on Dec 17th, 2004, 11:25pm

hey we would love to see more people join us in the chat we get some great trading done and turn each other on to great auctions [smiley=ok.gif] ;D



Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.