Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 25th, 2005, 11:22pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Square-cut cards »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Misprints and Packaging Errors
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7, l0qii)
   Square-cut cards
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Square-cut cards  (Read 792 times)
Tha_Gunslinga

Crimpeder Than Thou

ThaGunslingaMOTL
View Profile WWW

Square-cut cards
« on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 9:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

How common are these?  I believe Erl00 pulled some P3K Square-cut cards a while back, and I've seen a few on Ebay.  I have 2:
Marsh Viper (Dark)
Dark Maze (HL, played)

The Viper I bought on MOTL, and the Maze I found in a lot of bulk commons/uncommons that I purchased.  Does anyone have any, or know anything about values?
IP Logged

Dry Cereal and I are tighter than two crimps in a pack. Ben & Ben, the crimpsters.

Crimp count: 1010
Newest crimps:

Army of Allah
Anarchist (foil)
Niall Silvain
Deranged Hermit
Banshee (CH
Erl00

MINT is MINT!

View Profile WWW

Re: Square-cut cards
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:11pm »

Hello,

Yes, I pulled 5 commons with 4 square corners out of a P3K pack a year ago.

Cards with square corners are pretty rare but not impossible to find. I would say we see one per two weeks in average on eBay.

As far as value is concerned, I would say that a $0 value card is worth about $4-6 when corners are square.

Just my opinion,
Regards,
Eric.
IP Logged

Please help me finish my Boosters collection
Tha_Gunslinga

Crimpeder Than Thou

ThaGunslingaMOTL
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:19pm »

How exactly do they occur?  I mean, normally cards get their corners cut off, so how do these escape?  On a similar note, what happens to all the cut-off corner pieces?
IP Logged

Dry Cereal and I are tighter than two crimps in a pack. Ben & Ben, the crimpsters.

Crimp count: 1010
Newest crimps:

Army of Allah
Anarchist (foil)
Niall Silvain
Deranged Hermit
Banshee (CH
Erl00

MINT is MINT!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:00am »

on Oct 2nd, 2003, 10:19pm, Tha_Gunslinga wrote:
How exactly do they occur?  I mean, normally cards get their corners cut off, so how do these escape?  On a similar note, what happens to all the cut-off corner pieces?

I have absolutely no clue what happen to the cut-off corner. Trash I suppose ...

How does this occur? Well I suppose that cutting is a two-step process (firstcut into square cards, then cut corners) and that sometimes the second step fails.

Jamesbond has a very funny card. It is squre-cut BUT only on one side. You can clearly see the corners cut on one side and not on the other ...

Regards,
Eric.
IP Logged

rick21n

Ornithopter Collector

rick21n
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 3:57am »

For a picture.

Two Square Corners 8th Ed Foil Shifting Sky:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3148074875&ca tegory=49185
IP Logged
magicdude

Feeling 20 years younger when playing Magic!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 2:49pm »

on Oct 2nd, 2003, 9:49pm, Tha_Gunslinga wrote:
How common are these?  I believe Erl00 pulled some P3K Square-cut cards a while back, and I've seen a few on Ebay.  I have 2:
Marsh Viper (Dark)
Dark Maze (HL, played)

The Viper I bought on MOTL, and the Maze I found in a lot of bulk commons/uncommons that I purchased.  Does anyone have any, or know anything about values?

I have 29  Shocked square-cut T-Chinese P3K-commons (28 different ones, I've got 2 Barbarian Hordes). I bought about 20 T-Chinese P3K-boosters about a year and a half ago. Not only did several boosters contain 1-3 extra commons (which was a nice bonus for me as a collector of ALL commons from ALL sets in ALL languages), but several boosters even contained (only) square-cut commons (only commons).
I used to have 30, but I gave a square-cut Forest Bear to Gus Hoogendijk, a dutch level 4 judge, for his rather special Bear-deck (each card shows at least 1 bear, either because of the original art or because of an artist modification).
Other than these square-cut cards, I've never seen ANY (in real life).
IP Logged

Hoi!
Erl00

MINT is MINT!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 2:59pm »

Troll & Toad seem to have opened a few deck of square-corner cards.

*Goes to look for the URL and notices the new home page ... Nice ...*

http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/category.php?dname=Magic+The+Gather ing&cid=1025&pcid=_1041_1024

Some of them also have an upside-down back. They are pretty cool too (I purchased one)

Smiley
Eric.
IP Logged

Lord_of_Llanowar

Let me know if you have misprinted Elves!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 3:57pm »

i looked a little, and it seems only to happen on foils
IP Logged
Erl00

MINT is MINT!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 10:39pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2003, 3:57pm, Lord_of_Llanowar wrote:
i looked a little, and it seems only to happen on foils

No, because I have one French Revised BB Swords to LPowshares with 1 square corner, 1 revised Stream of Life with 1 Square corner and we already mentioned the 4 square corners P3K cards.
T&T must have opened a series of boxes containing the foils from the same sheet, which was not cut correctly.
IP Logged

agzz

YA HOZNA!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 4th, 2003, 1:26am »

i think he ment the upside-down thing.
i've only have/had/seen them in foil.

.peter
IP Logged

Always looking for english the Dark Goblin Heros and Terese Nielsen stuff.
fvzappa

A T1 junkie.

keith+fvzappa
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 5:59pm »

I have a few upside down backs, that aren't foil. Also, as far as square corners go, I have a few. One has indentations on the corners, as if they tried to cut but just didn't quite do it.

Another interesting card (I have a few, actually) is cards that have the front picture stamped over the back. In other words, one side looks completely normal w/ a typical front, & the other side has another "front" stamped over the back. Unfortunatly, these double stamped cards are horrible FE cards.
IP Logged

What's the ugliest part of your body? Your MIND.
My ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtheblacklotusQ2acom
My misprints one added weekly: http://fvzappa.photosite.com
Lord_of_Llanowar

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 6:27pm »

fvzappa, you have some cards that id love to have, i collect misprint(ok dont have that much, not enoguh cash Cheesy)
but i quess you value those high? let me know
IP Logged
fvzappa

A T1 junkie.

keith+fvzappa
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 6:47pm »

In all honesty, I have been going to this site because I am about to get a very large misprint collection from a friend (give it a few weeks). I have some of his misprints, but he has a TON of them. You name it, he's got it. He quit a few years back, & I stepped up to the plate....

Anyhow, I've a few on my hands already, but not much in comparison to what i'm getting. And, from what I already own & got from him, nonrarity-wise, I have quite an expensive collection. Long story short: my wants list has shrunk, my haves have grown. I have a playset of Alpha/ Beta dual lands for pete's sake....I never thought I'd see the day.  

You may want to wait until I get his misprints, I'll have a better idea what I want to part with because I'll have duplicates. We could trade then.
IP Logged

What's the ugliest part of your body? Your MIND.
My ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtheblacklotusQ2acom
My misprints one added weekly: http://fvzappa.photosite.com
maelstrom_swe

collects misprints

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 6:50pm »

on Oct 10th, 2003, 5:59pm, fvzappa wrote:
I have a few upside down backs, that aren't foil. Also, as far as square corners go, I have a few. One has indentations on the corners, as if they tried to cut but just didn't quite do it.

Another interesting card (I have a few, actually) is cards that have the front picture stamped over the back. In other words, one side looks completely normal w/ a typical front, & the other side has another "front" stamped over the back. Unfortunatly, these double stamped cards are horrible FE cards.

I am interested in all of these cards. If you want, you can look at my "I want your misprints" thread and see if you find anything you like.
IP Logged
Lord_of_Llanowar

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 7:18pm »

on Oct 10th, 2003, 6:47pm, fvzappa wrote:
In all honesty, I have been going to this site because I am about to get a very large misprint collection from a friend (give it a few weeks). I have some of his misprints, but he has a TON of them. You name it, he's got it. He quit a few years back, & I stepped up to the plate....

Anyhow, I've a few on my hands already, but not much in comparison to what i'm getting. And, from what I already own & got from him, nonrarity-wise, I have quite an expensive collection. Long story short: my wants list has shrunk, my haves have grown. I have a playset of Alpha/ Beta dual lands for pete's sake....I never thought I'd see the day.  

You may want to wait until I get his misprints, I'll have a better idea what I want to part with because I'll have duplicates. We could trade then.

btw, i noticed you want many summer magic too,
you prob allready know that www.gfmailorder.nl has many commons at about 20euro each, and also a bunch of good rares
and a blue hurricane for 4700(not to expensive i think)
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.