Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 14th, 2006, 5:02am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Magic Online Fraud »

Magic Library Forum
   Off-Topic
   Miscellaneous Magic
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   Magic Online Fraud
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Magic Online Fraud  (Read 331 times)
bigfatkitty

WARNING:  Bites the hand that feeds him!

View Profile

Magic Online Fraud
« on: May 13th, 2005, 12:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Damn Netherlandians!   Angry

I went to log in at MTGO today to perhaps beat up on Mike again and to my wonder, I couldn't get in.  After several attempts and receiving 'Bad User Name and Password' messages, I decided to call our good friends at WOTC Customer Service.    

After being on hold for fifteen minutes, I was told my account was blocked due to fraudulent activity.   Angry   My response was, 'Huh?'.   Huh

They asked if I had had dealings with someone who went by the handle:  Mischa1979.  I told them I made an Ebay purchase from him and that's how I got his cards.  His Ebay user name is:  freak_of_magic  and of course he's from Netherlandia.  I'm sure the guy is either Nico himself or a close cousin.   Undecided   I seems this moron was using a stolen credit card to make purchases and then turned around and sold them on Ebay.

All I bought from the guy were common sets of four!  Shameful I know, but I needed to make a deck even from crappy cards.   Embarassed

The geniuses at customer service said I could only send the info through their new help desk online.  Of course, the crappy site kept bombing.  That meant another fifteen minute hold on the phone.  

After an explanation, to a phone pleeb, I was allowed after thirty more minutes to talk to a...hold your breath...manager said 'Hi' and put me on hold for another half hour.   Angry

It took him awhile, but he finally agreed the website didn't work and gave me a non-functioning e-mail address which I discovered after he said he couldn't remain on the line.  (Damn you straight to Hell, WOTC!)

Another call...more waiting...another supervisor...more waiting.  Several hours of my life wasted.  

So anyway...I had to send them a Paypal receipt and the Ebay auction info and I got my account set back up.  And for some reason they let me keep the cards.  

So to make a long story short, don't buy from this guy and try not to call Customer Service if you can help it.    
IP Logged

Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.
Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
If you have a 3-word name and the 1st and last words start with an 'M', go away.
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

Re: Magic Online Fraud
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2005, 1:07am »

so you dealt with him on ebay.
Can you get his details for me?

Adress, name etc.

« Last Edit: May 13th, 2005, 1:07am by AXIOS » IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
AllHallowsEVE

Got legend cards for trade?

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2005, 5:56am »

sorry to say that u have to went throught all these troubles. i remember a friend of mine told me to try and play on MTGO, but i just didnt feel like it. cuz im a kind of guy that like to play w/ the psychical card. anyway, i guess this is one of the reason why i dont play on MTGO.  hopefully, everything goes well for u in the near future. but then again i might try it out after i  
hear more good news about this.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2005, 5:57am by AllHallowsEVE » IP Logged
TerraFrost

I love phpBB 2.0.15!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 13th, 2005, 6:59am »

Quote:
So anyway...I had to send them a Paypal receipt and the Ebay auction info and I got my account set back up.  And for some reason they let me keep the cards.

If you were on hold for hours on end, it seems like letting you keep the cards was the least they should have done.  Indeed, giving you a free Sliver Queen for your troubles seems fair.
IP Logged

BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

Mischa1979

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 13th, 2005, 9:06am »

I am freak_of_magic and Mischa1979 on MTGO. I don't understand why MTGO would say I use a stolen credit card? My credit card is perfectly in order. I'm at work now so I can't log into MTGO. I'll try tonight maybe they have suspended my Mischa1979 as well. That will be an expensive phonecall to the States from The Netherlands.
IP Logged
bigfatkitty

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 13th, 2005, 11:51am »

on May 13th, 2005, 9:06am, Mischa1979 wrote:
I am freak_of_magic and Mischa1979 on MTGO. I don't understand why MTGO would say I use a stolen credit card? My credit card is perfectly in order. I'm at work now so I can't log into MTGO. I'll try tonight maybe they have suspended my Mischa1979 as well. That will be an expensive phonecall to the States from The Netherlands.
That's just the information they gave me.  If it's untrue, you definitely have a bone to pick with them.

As far as our transaction went, it was great, easy and fast.  If it wasn't for the 'after the sale experience' with WOTC, I'd say I'm perfectly happy with our deal.

If you've been wrongly accused, I apologize.  If you did do this, I want my time back!   Angry
IP Logged

Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
If you have a 3-word name and the 1st and last words start with an 'M', go away.
Mischa1979

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 13th, 2005, 6:44pm »

GREAT! All my accounts are blocked! I emailed wizards the following:

Magic Online User Name: Spell_Maker, Mischa1979, Premious, Ev3nfl0w
First name: Mischa
Last name: de Jong
Shipping and billing address associated with the account: ********
Email Address on your account: *********
First and last four digits of the credit card used to purchase the account:  **** ****  
Full description of your problem
I have got a very disrupting message from someone that bought some cards from me of Ebay. His account has got suspended because he traded with me (Mischa1979). He contacted Wizards by phone and they told him that Mischa1979 (my account) has bought from Wizards with a stolen credit card. I am so very very angry about this!!!! I can’t even describe how angry I am! If there is one person in the world how has never ever stolen it is me. Now ALL my accounts have been disabled. I have 2 trade accounts which are Mischa1979 and Ev3nf0w. The Ev3nfl0w I bought from an other person at Ebay. I have 1 collecting and playing account which is Spell_Maker and 1 foil account which is Premious. I’ve pumped over $10.000,- of my OWN money into MTGO and all is lost now. I want to now how Wizards has got the information that my credit card has been stolen? Because if you check the card with my bank account you can see that the card is completely legal and safe. I want to contact Wizards but I don’t know from what country this number is ( 425-204-8069 (All other countries)) because I have to dial first the country number. Please let me know asap what’s going on and what’s the best number I can call? Thank you very much!
Mischa

IP Logged
ende73

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 13th, 2005, 6:54pm »

Hello,

I am pretty sure you have to dial 001 before that phone number to get to speak to them.

I hope you get this solved, this story is amazing  Huh
IP Logged
bigfatkitty

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 13th, 2005, 7:36pm »

I do have issue with WOTC explaining the stolen credit card deal.  It would have been better for them to say the account was under investigation.

They also said Paypal was investigating you as well, but it really seemed strange the Ebay account was still active too if you were being investigated.

It's all just wierd.  
IP Logged

Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
Mischa1979

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 13th, 2005, 9:10pm »

I would like to keep you up to date. Wizards has replied to my email and I've replied them again. see below:

Customer (Mischa de Jong) 05/13/2005 12:06 PM  

I've bought the account MattyMcFatty from Max Brin on Ebay auctionnumber (Item #5579460165). He can be contacted at [email protected]. I have proof of payment (paypal). I can email the proof of payment if needed. It has paypal Payment Sent ID # 7WA88835V7049763R). I've transfered the cards to my accounts Spell_maker, Mischa1979, Premious and Ev3nf0w. I traded the cards I could use to each account. I left the account MattyMcFatty empty.  
(see below for proof of payment), Hopefully we can sort this out as quick as possible. I'm realy affraid to loose my accounts because they are worth so much money.

Dear Mischa de Jong,

This email confirms that you, , have paid max2005b ([email protected]) $431.02 USD using PayPal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
Payment Details  

Purchased From: max2005b  

Item # Item Title Quantity Price Subtotal  
5579460165 -- MTGO Magic Online -- BIG -- Account- 1800+ CARDS !! 1 $431.02 USD $431.02 USD  

Shipping & Handling:  
(includes any seller handling fees) $0.00 USD  
Shipping Insurance (not offered) :  --  

Total: $431.02 USD  
Note: ID = mischa1979 TY  

Response (David C.) 05/13/2005 10:51 AM  
Hello,

We are investigating a case of trade fraud involving your account Ev3nfl0w and MattyMcFatty.  On May 11th, your account received a large number of cards from the account MattyMcFatty.  You said in your e-mail that you purchased them off of Ebay.  Do you have any kind of documentation (Paypal receipt, Western Union receipt, etc.) that would show that you paid for these items?  Also, do you have any other documentation that will help clear your account (e-mails, conversation screenshots).  These items would be very useful in our investigation and would go towards clearing your account.  If you should have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience.  Thank you.

To login to your account, or update your question please click here.

David C.

Customer Service Representative
Wizards of the Coast
1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
Monday-Friday 7am-6pm PST / 10am-9pm EST  
IP Logged
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: May 13th, 2005, 10:38pm »

i always said that that online cards idea sucked!

real money for virtual cards....
IP Logged

AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: May 13th, 2005, 10:39pm »

on May 13th, 2005, 12:16am, bigfatkitty wrote:
Damn Netherlandians!   Angry

If this is not misha mistake but  amistake of the seller or even WOTC, we Netherlandians can say.

DAMN AMERICANS!!!  Grin Grin
IP Logged

bigfatkitty

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: May 14th, 2005, 12:11am »

He's putting a lot of good effort and details to show his side.  If I had to guess, I'd conclude he is a victim as well.  (Even if he is a Netherlandian.)

Damn WOTC!

Or as another theory, drugs are legal in Netherlandia.   Embarassed  Maybe he was stoned and stole his own credit card for online Magic Crack.
IP Logged

Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 14th, 2005, 12:33am »

I dunno about this.  
MattyMcFatty and BigFatKitty.  Sounds like this Netherlandian is a mental subplot of our friendly Carolina'ian.
A deep mystery here to be sure.

I agree with our famous Netherlandian here.
Hey-ho, M-T-G-O has gotta go.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: May 14th, 2005, 1:49am »

on May 14th, 2005, 12:33am, silver.paladin wrote:
I dunno about this.  
MattyMcFatty and BigFatKitty.  Sounds like this Netherlandian is a mental subplot of our friendly Carolina'ian.
A deep mystery here to be sure.

I agree with our famous Netherlandian here.
Hey-ho, M-T-G-O has gotta go.

« Last Edit: May 14th, 2005, 1:49am by AXIOS » IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.