Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 7:35am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Vote for Alternate Foil Unhinged Official site »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Standard Magic Products
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   Vote for Alternate Foil Unhinged Official site
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vote for Alternate Foil Unhinged Official site  (Read 335 times)
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

Re: Vote for Alternate Foil Unhinged Official site
« Reply #15 on: Dec 6th, 2004, 8:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 6th, 2004, 7:52pm, silver.paladin wrote:
My suggestion to this, would be for someone else to create a website perhaps to do this, and if Ralph wanted, he could link to it.
I do not think these cards belong as per the scope of Magic Rarities, but perhaps mention of this could be considered (and if so considered, then probably also a link to a site about this, if such a site were available).

In general, I would vote nay to including this as part of the Library.  (at least for now, 5 years from now, who knows exactly how the scope of the Library will reach).

If you'll recall what was said in our "standard trading" discussion several weeks ago:

on Oct 16th, 2004, 3:34am, van8888 wrote:
My second issue is actually a suggestion for further expansion of the "library" portion of the site.  Now that crystalkeep is no longer updated, we have lost some valuable information on print runs, cardlists, etc.  I believe that the "magic card sets" page should be expanded - perhaps making the table that is there now into a table of links.  Users would click on a link for a set, and they would get exact release dates, languages released in, number of cards, card lists, and (something that doesnt exist anywhere at the moment) list of what types of products (boosters, starters, etc, etc) were printed, and their UPC / WOTC codes.  We could also include other information, such as number of cards in boosters, position of rares, etc.  The reason I suggest this is that some of this information is not easy to find, or in the case of things like the barcode list, non-existant, and the rest of the information is scattered across the net.  I suggest we centralize every piece of information we can find, so that this site is truly the end-all and be-all of magic information.  Additionally, we could post scans of all the cards in the sets - I realize that other sites (most notably, i think, WOTCs own site, and anycraze.com - the site with the most robust search feature) already do.  However, in the existing site, we already have scans of all the cards in a set posted (summer for example), with no searching needed - just an alphabetized catalogue of cards.  I realize that this may cause a strain on the physical resources of the site, but increased storage and bandwidth can be purchased for dollars a month, and i'm sure members would be willing to chip in.  I also realize that it would be a lot of work for you, Ralph, but I would be more than willing to help - I have a lot of experience designign webpage.

on Oct 16th, 2004, 1:58pm, Ralph Herold wrote:
van8888:

At this point let me accuse you of using sneaky Jedi mind tricks Seriously, what you suggested with regards to  Magic Card Sets is exactly what I have in mind and what is currently in work (although some enhancements are ludicrously labor-intensive and can therefore not be out into practice quickly). I will return to this subject once the update is done.

I  do not see the slightest reason for you to apologize. Do not worry about help. Once the update is done, there will be much possibility to help.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2004, 8:05pm by Celebrindor » IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.