Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 11th, 2006, 1:18pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Brothers Kamazaki promo? »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Standard Magic Products
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   Brothers Kamazaki promo?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Brothers Kamazaki promo?  (Read 326 times)
Vilan

Elder Scrub

keylime2k2  
View Profile

Brothers Kamazaki promo?
« on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

At the prerelease I saw the entry for this card on the sheet said "Brothers Kamazaki (160a)". I opened one, so I looked at the bottom, and yup, card number is 160a/306. Where is 160/306? Is it some promo that was given out a while ago? I'm so out of touch.
IP Logged
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

Re: Brothers Kamazaki promo?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:19pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 7:13pm, Vilan wrote:
At the prerelease I saw the entry for this card on the sheet said "Brothers Kamazaki (160a)". I opened one, so I looked at the bottom, and yup, card number is 160a/306. Where is 160/306? Is it some promo that was given out a while ago? I'm so out of touch.

While I do not yet own a Brothers of Kamazaki, I did play against a deck that had them.  This is pure speculation, but could there be 2 artworks for this card to represent the brothers?  One would be 160 while the other is 160a?  I don'r have my extra checklist I swiped to verify this now, but maybe someone else does right now.  Other than basic land WOTC has not done multiple artworks in eternity.  

If this is the case, I will be a little upset at having to reorder my Kamigawa set I have put togehter so far in Ultra Pro pages.
IP Logged

See my current needs here: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mintcollector/
normalbrains

dildo extraordinaire

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:25pm »

the card does have 2 different arts; a and b
IP Logged

My H/W: http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/188717.html
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:25pm »

Crap.  Looked at WOTC and as usual no spoiler/checklist yet.  Went back to MTG News and saw this:

Brothers Yamazaki (A) -
Legendary Creature - Human Samurai
Bushido 1
If there are exactly two permanents named Brothers Yamazaki in play the "Legend Rule" does not apply to them.
Each other creature named Brothers Yamazaki gets +2/+2 and haste.
2/1
Illus. Ron Spears
160a/306
Uncommon

Brothers Yamazaki (B) -
Legendary Creature - Human Samari
Bushido 1
If there are exactly two permanents named Brothers Yamazaki in play the "Legend Rule" does not apply to them.
2/1
Illus. Ron Spears
160b/306
Uncommon

So yes there are 2 cards for the Brothers.  So there are really 307 cards and not 306.  Now I will have to drag out another binder page and then reorder the last 2/3's of my set.  Crap crap double crap.
IP Logged

rg

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:26pm »

There are to art versions one card is 160 the other 160a i think.

And WotC already has the spoiler up, but unfortunately without cardnumbers.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:30pm by rg » IP Logged
Muldoon

Swirling Clouds

115180696 115180696    
View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 7:35pm »

Wonderful! I like alternate art cards, I know everyone else pretty much hates them though  
One more card to collect is always nice  
IP Logged

Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/Test/Misprinted wanted!
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:02pm »

Actually, I noticed this on MTGNews a couple of weeks ago myself, and I was going to post on here, but never did (obviously).

From what I could tell on MTGNews, this is the only card that has two pictures (a) and (b).  I can understand why this is done, since the brothers get a special bonus if both brothers are in play

Part of the post I wanted to make though, would you consider this set then to have 306 or 307 cards?

Another question - does this bonus get granted if 2 brothers are in play, and it is the same art card, or do they have to be the 2 different cards in play to get the bonus?

Also interesting to note, that with the new Legends rules in play now, that the Brothers have a special alteration with that, as opposed to all other Legends.

One last thing, from what I have been told, there is no card 160 - rather there is 160a and 160b.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:10pm by silver.paladin » IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:16pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 7:25pm, mintcollector wrote:

Brothers Yamazaki (A) -
Legendary Creature - Human Samurai
Bushido 1
2/1
Illus. Ron Spears
160a/306
Uncommon

Huh Huh Huh

last phrase of the brothers.

eac other creature named brothers yamazaki gets +2/+2.

IT IS A LEGENDARY CREATURE!!!

as soon as the new one enters play, the other is destroyed, so there never is another creature named brothers yamazaki.

btw rg, i cannot see your images, only a big yellow bar telling me that linking is prohibited
IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 8:27pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 8:16pm, AXIOS wrote:

Huh Huh Huh

last phrase of the brothers.

eac other creature named brothers yamazaki gets +2/+2.

IT IS A LEGENDARY CREATURE!!!

as soon as the new one enters play, the other is destroyed, so there never is another creature named brothers yamazaki.

btw rg, i cannot see your images, only a big yellow bar telling me that linking is prohibited

Axios:  If there are exactly two permanents named Brothers Yamazaki in play the "Legend Rule" does not apply to them.  

The new Legends rule is that if a Legend comes into play then both cards are removed from play and not just the new one entering play.  Brothers Yamizaka states on the card that 2 of them can exist, thereby getting the extra bonus.  Believe me on this as I experienced this first hand against me.   Round 2, drop a 2/2.  Round 3 a Brother.  Round 4 a SECOND brother, with no creatures to defend with since he used direct dmg on my 2/2 I had out.  I was eating 10 a turn at that point.
IP Logged

silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 9:13pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 8:27pm, mintcollector wrote:

Axios:  If there are exactly two permanents named Brothers Yamazaki in play the "Legend Rule" does not apply to them.  

The new Legends rule is that if a Legend comes into play then both cards are removed from play and not just the new one entering play.  Brothers Yamizaka states on the card that 2 of them can exist, thereby getting the extra bonus.  Believe me on this as I experienced this first hand against me.   Round 2, drop a 2/2.  Round 3 a Brother.  Round 4 a SECOND brother, with no creatures to defend with since he used direct dmg on my 2/2 I had out.  I was eating 10 a turn at that point.

However, if a 3rd Brother is put into play, then all 3 Brothers are destroyed (as per the new Legends rule).
As stated above, I believe that this is the only Legend that has a special errata so far in this set.  It will be interesting to see if either of the next 2 sub-sets will have special Legends like this also.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 9:15pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 8:27pm, mintcollector wrote:

ummggghhhh  Shocked
IP Logged

AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 9:32pm »

maybe a little off-topic, but how exactly do you play:

reverse the sands?

Redistribute any number of players’ life totals. (Each of those players gets one life total back.)

If i get it correct, then suppose i have 1 life and my opponent has 40, i can distribute our live so that i have 30 and he has 11.

am i right?
IP Logged

psrex

psrex1  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 9:48pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 9:32pm, AXIOS wrote:

If i get it correct, then suppose i have 1 life and my opponent has 40, i can distribute our live so that i have 30 and he has 11.

You don't get to redistribute life, rather just the totals, so you get to choose one player to get 1 life and the other gets 40 life.
IP Logged

Looking for World Championship decks and Vanguard cards. MOTL H/W list
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 9:55pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 9:48pm, psrex wrote:

You don't get to redistribute life, rather just the totals, so you get to choose one player to get 1 life and the other gets 40 life.

so the totals stay the same, only the person who owns the total changes if you want.
IP Logged

psrex

psrex1  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: Sep 20th, 2004, 10:14pm »

on Sep 20th, 2004, 9:55pm, AXIOS wrote:

so the totals stay the same, only the person who owns the total changes if you want.

Yes, this is correct.
IP Logged

Looking for World Championship decks and Vanguard cards. MOTL H/W list
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.