Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 25th, 2005, 11:25pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Things NOT to do when shipping »

Magic Library Forum
   Trading
   Trading General
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7, l0qii)
   Things NOT to do when shipping
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Things NOT to do when shipping  (Read 247 times)
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

Re: Things NOT to do when shipping
« Reply #15 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 2:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 17th, 2005, 7:05pm, mintcollector wrote:
I am not one to ship out a lot as I buy WAY more then sell or trade online.  When I do sell/trade, I use an inverted penny sleeve in a top loader.  Then the top loader is sealed in a team bag (those clear plastic bags with the adhesive flap).  Then the top loader is tightly moved to one side and the excess top and side are taped down with scotch tape.  For multiple cards (3+), each card is penny sleeved and then two top loaders are used as braces on either side.  Scotch tape is use on all 4 sides, with one piece used for stability.  The taped top loader stack is then put into a team bag and secured as above.  In all cases adequate card protection is provided (also against water damage), but at no time are the cards hard to remove.  Only the team bag might get sticky with the tape, but the cards never are in risk of damage.  Ralph is a common recipient of the latter method from me, but others here have received packages like this from me.

I have received the packing taped top loaders though and agree this is a pain to deal with.  I had one that had the whole top sealed.  To the point that it was better to use a knife and crack the top loader open on the side to minimize any damage to the card.

Thats exactly what I had to do - cut the 3 sides of the toploader with a boxcutter.
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.