Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 7:02am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « WotC Retailers »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Magic Industry Information
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   WotC Retailers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WotC Retailers  (Read 315 times)
Tenacious_Dyl

Old Cards Rock

ThoughtsForEatin
View Profile

WotC Retailers
« on: Sep 21st, 2003, 8:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knows or has heard about a "master list" of retailers WotC has sent large amounts of cards to... particularily the older sets (When it was Garfield Games as well as Wizards)

I mean, I am pretty sure, somewhere in the depths of WotC's HQ  and offices somewhere there are lists.... but would it not be so nice to say "these are the states that got sent Unlimited, and these are the stores in each state"... or if perhaps not the stores, but just even the cities!!

I am meaning to soon go on a scavenging roadtrip, and visit many bookstores, collectable shops, and card stores, trying to find deals! But first... I would like to know if there is anything out there.  

I seriously doubt the public has access to such things... but if anyone knows anything about shipping logs or other related files, or just has knowledge of say "Set "y" was sent to "z" states" or something along those lines, please let me (and other forum members! Smiley ) know. The most information about sets individually I have found is CrystalKeep, which is basically just the print runs and estimated print runs of cards.  

Thanks Much,
Dylan I.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2004, 2:19am by Ralph Herold » IP Logged
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

Re: A Master List...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22nd, 2003, 5:11pm »

I highly doubt you will find this list, but some advice might be to look at advertisements in early magazines featuring M:TG.  This includes all the less known mags posted here.  You might often find retailers advertised in those mags that you no longer see.  Maybe these are the peopl who have some of this stuff in back rooms and such.
IP Logged

See my current needs here: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mintcollector/
Tenacious_Dyl

Old Cards Rock

ThoughtsForEatin
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:28pm »

mintcollectorl: good idea, thanks! I will have to sift through some old magazine of mine Smiley

But the list still would be nice Wink because that would truly show the odd bookstore or two that got a case or two of older sets. Because they would have the greatest chance of still having some, because odd and end collectables and bookstores wouldn't really advertise... hrm.

Maybe the first step to finding this list would be to find who Wizard's shipped their products by (the carrier). It may be different now, so we would need to find their *older* carrier if it did change... hrmmmmm.
IP Logged
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23rd, 2003, 12:18am »

As many companies do, WOTC sends to distributors.  Then the distributors are who sends to the actual stores.  To get such a detailed list you will need to find distributors that dealt in the early 90s and kept transaction histories back then.  Since the law states that only 7 years of financial records need to be maintained, much of this data may be gone for ever/destroyed.

Good luck.
IP Logged

See my current needs here: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mintcollector/
sylvanstu

Amoung the darkest ashes grows the strongest seeds

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23rd, 2003, 3:43pm »

Last year I went in a Ace Hardware and found 12 partial boxes of Visions, Stronghold, Weatherlight, Portal, Fallen Empires, and Homelands  offered them 100.00 dollars and they sold them to me the boxes were all mostly full and my buddies and I had alot of fun opening theese.   Always looking in wierd places for cards never know where you'll find them. garage sales are great too. still waiting for that box full of power nine though lol
IP Logged

Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.