Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 25th, 2005, 3:55pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Query: Duelist short story »

Magic Library Forum
   Information
   Inquiries
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7, l0qii)
   Query: Duelist short story
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Query: Duelist short story  (Read 144 times)
sanctuary

View Profile

Query: Duelist short story
« on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The Duelist once ran a short story by J. Robert King called "Born to Greatness", broken up into different issues of the magazine.  I have both parts one and two, but am unsure if there is a third or even fourth part to this story.  

Can anyone here clarify this?  If these parts do exist, does anyone know where I can get a scan, or even buy an unwanted copy?  I'm also looking for another copy/scan/print of part two from the December 98 Duelist to replace my slightly damaged one.

My thanks for any and all information on this! Smiley

(Ralph, please move this topic to a different location if you think it is more appropriate there... I'm not certain if this belongs in any of the others.)

IP Logged
Ralph Herold
Administrator

View Profile WWW

Re: Query: Duelist short story
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22nd, 2005, 10:23pm »

There is indeed a third part in issue #34 which concludes the story (for the record, part 1 is in issue #29, part 2 is in issue #32). The story is led to its ultimate end and beautiully depicted in the four issue Dark Horse comics mini-series Gerrard's Quest. All in all, I have liked the whole story about Crovax and Selenia, as it is thriving in tragedy. I can make scans of the story, but I guess buying it is easier: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60237&ite m=6156681786&rd=1. The seller also has issue #32 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60237&ite m=6156680118&rd=1. The Dark Horse series is cheap to buy as well: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35775&ite m=6504607559&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
IP Logged
sanctuary

View Profile

Re: Query: Duelist short story
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23rd, 2005, 11:44am »

That was the exact information I needed... Thanks Ralph!  You are a goldmine of information Cheesy  Also, thanks for the ebay links... I'll keep an eye on them.

<off-topic> I do actually own the Gerrard's Quest mini-series, got it when it first came out.  I too liked the story, but am still biased in favour of the old Armada releases Wink </off-topic>
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.