Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 6:58am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « more fake minagishi »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Card Structure and Integrity
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   more fake minagishi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: more fake minagishi  (Read 132 times)
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

more fake minagishi
« on: Jun 22nd, 2004, 1:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I know others have said in the past that they have been watching for 'fake sellers', but has anyone been watching "gbopago
" from Italy??
He is currently auctioning off his 5th set of tokens now in the past 3 weeks, but he has changed things a bit. He is now changed the User Id to Private.  
I say that this is a definite FAKE seller, due to the fact that each of his offerings include a pair of Wurm auction, which, by Ralph's account and the conversation he had with Crazy Clowns, does not exist, and therefore proves the seller is a false seller. (in the very least, false in selling the wurms).

I had emailed him once before, and I was told he got a special deal from a dealer in Japan.

Is there any way of warning potential bidders of his of the perils of winning fake cards with the Private setup??
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
hammr7

Hero in my own mind!

View Profile

Re: more fake minagishi
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22nd, 2004, 4:07am »

I started dialogues with a some of the Italian sellers of the tokens.  According to these dealers, the tokens have been distributed throughout much of Italy, apparantly in packs (at least according to a few of the dealers), at very low prices.  The sellers have claimed thetokens are available at all the local tournaments and most of the local shops.

Nobody in Italy that I have talked to seems to have a clue that the Minagishi tokens are supposed to be "super rare".  A few Italian eBay sellers have realized there is a market to make more than they are paying domestically.  As we enlighten them to the possibility that they are selling fakes, most have been asking 'how do we tell'?  And since no one can give them a good answer ('compare it to a real one'! doesn't work), a few continue to sell them.

Remember, the Rarities site doesn't say anything about approximate production amounts, or the degree to which some sets are counterfeited.  They compare their tokens to what they see on the Rarities site, and the comparison looks decent to them.  And they don't see any reason (other than a few crazy collectors) why their product isn't what they think it is.

Note:  I've recently seen a dealer from Alberta, Canada offering the tokens as well.
IP Logged

Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22nd, 2004, 4:25am »

does Jun care that they are being reprinted?  If she doesn't care, then I would feel silly if I cared.  However, if she did care, then maybe something could be done about it.
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
Ralph Herold
Administrator

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22nd, 2004, 4:48am »

Arai Jin knows that the tokens are copied and that other people make a lot of money with his creation. However, his hands are tied, as the tokens infringe copyrights and are therefore illegal, so he has no copyright on them. This is not true for his latest creations (starting with the 9th series), however, there is little he can do. Tracing people all over the globe, because they copy his cards is not a viable option.
IP Logged
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22nd, 2004, 6:00am »

on Jun 22nd, 2004, 4:07am, hammr7 wrote:
Note:  I've recently seen a dealer from Alberta, Canada offering the tokens as well.  

Yes, I have been to Nexus Entertainment in Edmonton before. They appear to be quite reputable, and I had spoken to them about the Jun tokens.  I was told that they come across a number of fakes now and then, and when they do, they either destroy them, or advise the current owner as to whether he/she has real or fakes.
I was told also that they only sell real tokens, which they get now and then.  They had sold a number of tokens a while back, but that they were excess from personal ones the owner had bought originally from Crazy Clowns.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jun 23rd, 2004, 4:23am »

edmonton connecticut?
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.