Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Feb 3rd, 2006, 8:10am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « what do you collect »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Member Information
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   what do you collect
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: what do you collect  (Read 1893 times)
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

what do you collect
« on: Oct 25th, 2003, 2:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello, I'm dry cereal, and I'm a crimp-a-holic...
As you know, I collect crimps.  It's very fun because it is something you just kind of run into and there isn't much competition because no one else likes them.  (Thank you to my contributers.  You make my collection possible).  I want another collection though.  I'm deliberating what it should be.  I thought of just going for sheer quantity, but storage would get tricky and it's just too sloppy.  So what should I collect?  To get some ideas...

What do you collect?
What is your particular magic (for lack of a better word) "fetish"?  What is your "bag"?  

This is the post to let us know what you collect, and why what you collect is great.
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
flatmatt

It's a Bear!

View Profile WWW

Re: what do you collect
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 3:02am »

Well, I just get whatever promos I can get my hands on, especially MPR tokens and prerelease cards.  Also, among normal cards, I'm currently 1 Cleanse away from having every white mass removal instant and sorcery.

Oh, and I keep lots of my booster wrappers for some reason.

Edit: Working on my bear collection now, too. Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2004, 10:58pm by flatmatt » IP Logged

It's a Bear! - My Bear collection - Website now faster!
MOTL H/W List
Thrond

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 3:45am »

I collect lands (1 of each set including promos, alternate arts, Collector's edition, renaissance, Chronicles, etc...)
IP Logged

Misprinted, miscuted and artist proof lands collector!
macone

(^^)/~~

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 4:01am »

I collect Mishra's Factory(AQ, 4E)
IP Logged
Tenacious_Dyl

Old Cards Rock

ThoughtsForEatin
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 5:15am »

Cool old stuff (alpha, beta, korean 4th) anything with the "charm" of the "older cards"... i love it. Unfortunetly, expensive. I just lost some money on a Mana Drain tonight, such a beautiful card Smiley
IP Logged
Cizzio

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 10:37am »

I collect white cards. My goal is to have 1 of each card ever printed, so far I have just collected english. But soon im gonna start with the other languages too. So if u have some u want to get rid of plz contact me. =) Im not rich so it´s gonna take a while to get em all thou
IP Logged
dragsamou

Help Me Finish My Magic Rarities Collection

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 10:50am »

Hi Members.
I try to collect Everything on Magic Rarities except The
Summer Cards  Tongue
IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
Lord_of_Llanowar

Let me know if you have misprinted Elves!

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 11:16am »

i want every card 4 times(if possible) in each set and each lanquage printen, preferably all boostermint(got to get very rich first to buy tons of booster Cheesy)

but for now i collect elves, each english set 4 times including foiled
with my top pride beeing my llanowar elves wich i got over 100 from Cheesy
IP Logged
sylvanstu

Amoung the darkest ashes grows the strongest seeds

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 12:51pm »

I collect almost everything that has to do with magic except the foil set cards.my collection is almost complete. Thank god new stuff is always cming out.now I found out about summer 4th I have something to keep me busy looking for
IP Logged

Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.
Abdul_Alhazred

I looking for Call of Cthulhu cards too!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 1:43pm »

Hello from Spain.
I'm a collector since 1996. I have completed Beta, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, Unglued and P3K in english.
In Spanish: 4th Edition (Black Border), Ice Age, Alliances, Homelands, Mirage, Visions, Weatherlight, Tempest, Stronghold, Exodus, Urza's Saga, Portal and Portal 2nd Age.
I'm interested in complete all spanish set foils, since Urza's Legacy to Mirrodin. I have complete Apocalipse and Jugdment. I'm looking for spanish foil cards.
I also collected the "Beta" versions in differents languages. (Revised BB in italian, french and german; and 4th edition BB in portuguese, chinese, japanese and korean)
I'm interested also in japanese Chronicles and foils promos, Tokens, etc.

Greetings, specially to Cyrfer of Hamburg, Germany.
IP Logged
internet_roadkill

5387 Rats and counting

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 2:54pm »

Hi, I used to post on the old site, but marrige has kept me away from magic for awhile...

Anway, I collect Rats.  Any and all rat and rat related cards.  I currently have about 4,000 rats and have every english version of the rat cards except Summer Revised and Portal Three Kingdoms.  Also have all the foil versions except for 8th Edition Swarm of Rats.  Just started looking into getting 1 each of all the non-english rats, but found that all total theres about 400 versions out there...and I have 7 of them Sad
IP Logged
l0qii

Give me arctic circle candy!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 6:06pm »

I collect the card Apathy, but so far I only have 2
IP Logged

Magic the Gathering Stuff
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!
Vilan

Elder Scrub

keylime2k2  
View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 6:24pm »

I have a pretty simple goal, collect one of each common from every set, BUT, I must do it by opening packs, not just buying singles. I guess it's to make sure I have a nice well-rounded collection of all sorts of cards. Sounds easy enough but my Magic budget is limited so there's still far to go. Commons from real old sets (pre-FE) don't count as "common" for this purpose. They did for a while, but buying Unlimited/Legends/Arabian boosters was getting expensive. Tongue

I also collect the MPR token cards, prerelease cards, and Unglued. I was hoping Unglued 2 would come out but no. Sad
IP Logged
Erl00

MINT is MINT!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 8:58pm »

Hi all!

- Well, a couple of you already know, I collect Booster packs: all languages, all set. No pictures variations though. I currently have a bit more than 300 different packs and I'm missing about 20 of them.

- I also collect more or less other sealed MtG products, but this collection is mainly unstructured at the moment and would need a clearer focus.

- I collect Summer Magic Howl from Beyond. I have only 4 of them at the moment but I'm still looking for more.

- I have a complete Beta set that I would like to be the most MINT possible. So I also collect MINT betas to upgrade my set.

- I have started some months ago a Basic land collection. I have gathered many sets of basic lands from a lot of sets in different languages. However, I really believe it's impossible for me to catch up on WotC set release rate. I also need to refocus this collection.

- And I also try to complete a few sets (English 8th, French Portal Second Age, etc.)

- I also like to colelct extreme miscuts, filler cards, misprints of all kinds, summer cards, etc.

- I have just started another colelction that I will not talk about right now but that I hope to become proud of in about 1 year from now.

- I may consider starting a set of Unglued Artist Proofs. This could be dificult. I still need to assess the feasibility of such a set.

And, that's it Smiley
Regards,
Eric.

IP Logged

Please help me finish my Boosters collection
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 25th, 2003, 10:32pm »

As it states on the left hand side of my message here, I collect all Red and Land cards.  I have been collecting Beta onwards (not sure why I left out Alpha).  Essentially, I have one of every RED and LAND card (English only) up to Mirrodin so far, and only missing about 2 dozen cards or so.  Virtually everything is mint, and they currently reside in three 3" binders.  My Land cards take up one black binder, and my Red cards take up 2 binders.  I collect all regular released set cards as well as all promo cards.  The only promo card(s) I currently am missing, are the JSS 2-headed dragon, as well as the Japanese shugar-daddy dragon (I can never remember how to spell it, so this is how I name it!!!)

So, if anyone every needs/wants to know what order cards were released, I organize all my 'regular' cards by set release (including Chronicles, Unglued, etc), and all my promos by release also.

Lastly, I include within my Red Promo cards, all red token cards (WOTC only), including Goblin Token, but not Goblin Soldier Token (I consider it a gold card).  For those that recall a previous set of posts of Jun tokens and a bad seller, I had also wanted to collect all non-WOTC Red Token cards, and I was doing good on it, until I was screwed around on the 5-Goblin Token.  Oh well.  Cest lavie (I think it is spelled! Smiley )
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.