Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 13th, 2005, 8:09am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Misprints, are these real or Fake, debate any one? »

Magic Library Forum
   Forum
   News (old)
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7)
   Misprints, are these real or Fake, debate any one?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Misprints, are these real or Fake, debate any one?  (Read 778 times)
dave_the_sniper

Retired at age 30, eat my shorts!

View Profile

Misprints, are these real or Fake, debate any one?
« on: Oct 7th, 2004, 11:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am the seller of the royal / hordes and am now selling the Blue yotian soldier and funky printed Tortured existence.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=59257883 40&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I know they are real, but what do you "know it alls" have to say?

We will also see if this site has ethics and morals and doesn't delete this string as I am challenging you all.

Thanks and look forward to what you have to say. Smiley
Dave
IP Logged
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

Re: Misprints, are these real or Fake, debate any
« Reply #1 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 11:50pm »

I certainly believe the blue soldier is real - there are quite a few mis-colored and misinked cards in mirrodin.
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Oct 7th, 2004, 11:58pm »

it is impossible that two rares are double printed on the front side!

Ad yes, WE do have morales, trust me, this topic will NOT be deleted.
I really hope that someone of us will win this piece of cardboard from you, and check it's authenticity
IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
dave_the_sniper

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:07am »

Say what you will but this topic is on the yotian soldier or Tortured.

I do not know how to check ithe assissan / hordes  authenticity or I would have done more than I have done already.

Please stay on topic.

I really don't care who wins it as I just was out to make someone happy as I have been.

You seem a little to caught up in this, why are you so aggressive to someone you do not know?

Or is it just jealesy
IP Logged
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:12am »

on Oct 8th, 2004, 12:07am, dave_the_sniper wrote:
Please stay on topic.

Yeah, right!  Read some of the other threads, we aren't good at staying on topic.  Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:12am by Celebrindor » IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
normalbrains

dildo extraordinaire

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:48am »

on Oct 7th, 2004, 11:43pm, dave_the_sniper wrote:
I am the seller of the royal / hordes and am now selling the Blue I know they are real, but what do you "know it alls" have to say?

We will also see if this site has ethics and morals and doesn't delete this string as I am challenging you all.

wtf
IP Logged

My H/W: http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/188717.html
normalbrains

dildo extraordinaire

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:49am »

on Oct 8th, 2004, 12:07am, dave_the_sniper wrote:
You seem a little to caught up in this, why are you so aggressive to someone you do not know?

Or is it just jealesy

haha is this somebody from the board trying to be funny?
IP Logged

My H/W: http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/188717.html
fvzappa

A T1 junkie.

keith+fvzappa
View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:55am »

Let me just speak for AXIOS here, myself as well:

No, we are not jealous.

I myself own a few cards similar to yours, and enjoy having them. But once you become an "expert" at misprints (or a niche therof, like miscuts or crimps) you have to take into account HOW a misprint happened to avoid being ripped. I recently spent several hours on the phone with a member (see the shifted miscuts topic) trying to figure out one such thing. Hell our phone bill would have been more than the worth of the cards if we talked any longer... but we take this stuff seriously.

My first instinct on the Assassin was WOW! I WANT THAT! But before the topic was discussed here I started wondering how two different rares could be printed on one side. Hmmmm. Just couldn't figure that out. If it was a common it'd make sense. I was initially upset that a topic was started here because I wanted to bid on it- win too. Cheap as possible.

Other members started questioning its authenticity. Most of the regulars here are smart   & I thoght I'd get an answer. I did. Turns out that my reasining seemed correct. We've seen fakes. Erased cards, scanned cards, etc. It's not like we're buying a "normal" Royal Assassin! We have to step back & go hmmmmm.... sometimes. It is the second guessing that keeps us from spending our money on garbage.

Perhaps your card is real. Doubt it. Maybe you got ripped off yourself 7 years ago or whenever you bought it. Whatever. But I bid on some different misprints. Spent my money on misprints I am confident are real.
IP Logged

What's the ugliest part of your body? Your MIND.
My ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtheblacklotusQ2acom
My misprints one added weekly: http://fvzappa.photosite.com
dave_the_sniper

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 12:56am »

Nope, just straight.  
Something you all must not be used too.

But I am not here for a flame war. I wanted your thoughts on the Yotian and Tortured.

Dave
IP Logged
mahdishain

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:08am »

greetings

please realize how immature your posts on this thread seem. you mention a card you are auctioning off which has been subject to much debate with the consensus being that it is a fake, and then instruct a member to stay on topic when he brings it up. what did you expect?
you also offer a challenge to the forum that could easily be interpreted as insulting. you offer no defense to the opinions that you are offering fake cards up for profit.
understand that many members here have spent lots of money obtaining true rarities and are strongly opposed to homemade rarities that can erode the value of their authentic acquisitions. if you can offer real contributions to the magic rarities knowledge pool you are welcome. if you just want to peddle dubious cards you can expect resistance.  i am sure you followed the debate of your assassin/horde. if you haven't checked out other threads to get a flavor of this site, i recommend that you do so before posting again.  all will benefit.

practice peace

mahdishain
IP Logged

practice peace
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:08am »

what's wrong with the tortured?  
Does anyone have an uncut revised sheet so we can see the placement of cards?  Maybe demonic hordes was upside down on the print.  

Dave, please don't take offense to me not understanding how the card was made.  Hearing our schepticism, do you have any ideas on how this could have happened?
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:08am »

on Oct 8th, 2004, 12:56am, dave_the_sniper wrote:
Nope, just straight.  
Something you all must not be used too.

But I am not here for a flame war. I wanted your thoughts on the Yotian and Tortured.

Dave

Interesting.  You attitude and wording here so far are showing just what level of adult (or lack thereof) you are.  You are not here for a Flame War, yet this must be something we all must not be used to!  
And there is no reason for this thread to be deleted.  If anything, it will kept and placed in the Archives once all is said and done.
These 2 cards in auction are no big deal at all.  I have a mis-printed Myr Matrix, big deal. Yellowish Goblin Mutant from Ice Age.  Every big-time collector has misprints like this.
Is this the only reason to start this thread??  To see if anyone would believe in the 2 cards in the auction?  If so, not that big of a deal, since misprints are really not all that rare - at least not to a patient collector.
Maybe Squt will check this thread out, and he might have a few dozen or hundreds of cards like these particular one, since he specializes in misprints.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
fvzappa

A T1 junkie.

keith+fvzappa
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:25am »

Hey guys, here's a scan of a few misprints of mine I made a while back. Top left picture:

http://fvzappa.photosite.com/

There is a tortured existance, Yotian Soldier both misprinted in the scan I made  Smiley I hope this will prove to Dave his latest auction is no big deal.
IP Logged

What's the ugliest part of your body? Your MIND.
My ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtheblacklotusQ2acom
My misprints one added weekly: http://fvzappa.photosite.com
dave_the_sniper

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:51am »

I must be the only mature one here.  

I say I don't want a flame war and ask about these two cards as you made such a fuss over the assassin /hordes.  

It appears your forum is made up of people who want to protect themselves and others that are offensivley doubtful at best.

I meant no insult by a challenge as I DID read other strings and found more than several challenges.

Enough of this, If you don't like my cards don't bid on them or send me hate mail. And the ones that have know who I am talking to.

I retired at age 30 and have been a collector since 93 for CCGs. starting with a little game Galaxies.
Play tested for White Wolf's Rage
and Castle Games Highlander

Was one of the first regional distributors for KS for WOTC before Garfield was forced out of command of his own company. and have some of the promo materials from WOTC's birth.

I have uncut sheets of Beta and the "Recalled & Destroyed" lawsuit sheets for charity. (3 sheets showing beta and the Alpha misprints plus computer printouts 8x11 colored pages, of the Beta rules and card list.)

I never cared so much for how cards were made as much as to play. As I was playtesting for companies 1994-96 and a distributor.

I own over 250,000 cars and even invested in a solid maple library card catalog to try to hold them all but still have several thousand run over.

So I will leave your little forum and keep myself with company that is more trusting and less doubtful. And know me better.
IP Logged
Mr.C

Now Collecting: Legends

172776846 172776846     AnglerFishBr
View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: Oct 8th, 2004, 1:56am »

on Oct 8th, 2004, 1:51am, dave_the_sniper wrote:
I must be the only mature one here.  

I say I don't want a flame war and ask about these two cards as you made such a fuss over the assassin /hordes.  

It appears your forum is made up of people who want to protect themselves and others that are offensivley doubtful at best.

I meant no insult by a challenge as I DID read other strings and found more than several challenges.

Enough of this, If you don't like my cards don't bid on them or send me hate mail. And the ones that have know who I am talking to.

I retired at age 30 and have been a collector since 93 for CCGs. starting with a little game Galaxies.
Play tested for White Wolf's Rage
and Castle Games Highlander

Was one of the first regional distributors for KS for WOTC before Garfield was forced out of command of his own company. and have some of the promo materials from WOTC's birth.

I have uncut sheets of Beta and the "Recalled & Destroyed" lawsuit sheets for charity. (3 sheets showing beta and the Alpha misprints plus computer printouts 8x11 colored pages, of the Beta rules and card list.)

I never cared so much for how cards were made as much as to play. As I was playtesting for companies 1994-96 and a distributor.

I own over 250,000 cars and even invested in a solid maple library card catalog to try to hold them all but still have several thousand run over.

So I will leave your little forum and keep myself with company that is more trusting and less doubtful. And know me better.

Since you´re an experienced guy, you proabably have seen kilos of fakes in all those years. Chill out man, you´ve retired at thirty, you should be more relaxed. BTW, the people on this site are the ones who most likely will bit on your auctions, so, again, calm down a bit. skepticsm is natural.
IP Logged

Check my Legend want list:

http://irpg.galacnode.com/mtg/Legends
Pages: 1 2 3  4 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.