Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 8:23am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Precision about Portal 1 Starter Set. »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Standard Magic Products
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   Precision about Portal 1 Starter Set.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Precision about Portal 1 Starter Set.  (Read 146 times)
dragsamou

Help Me Finish My Magic Rarities Collection

View Profile

Precision about Portal 1 Starter Set.
« on: Mar 18th, 2004, 3:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Members.
Just a little precision about Portal 1 Starter Set.In fact 2
Versions exist,both have the same WOC Number(17000).But one has written "Demo Product Not For Sale" below the box.I wonder if any others Portal Starters or Starters have the same Demo Product Versions and if the WOC Number is the same  Huh
Any help will be appreciated.
IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

Re: Precision about Portal 1 Starter Set.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18th, 2004, 3:56pm »

I can maybe help on this a little bit (if this is not already known).
I no longer have any of these booster packs, as I sold all of mine.  They were part of the Guru teaching program (at least mine were).  I received a box from WoTC which contained 20 (I think it was) of these demo packs (and they all said not for resale), a teaching video in VHS format (I still have it, sealed, so I do not know what the video looks like), as well as a booklet for the Guru program that contained (a) information on the game, (b) coupons that could be redeemed for a free booster pack of either Portal or the mainstay set (6th at that time I think, not sure anymore), and (c) 2 pages of Guru white/black cards - I have previously sold 1 sheet and still have 1 sheet.  This was a free box of items that WoTC sent me during the GURU program, even though I was not signed up for it or anything, but rather, I was signed up as a temporary retailer, and as such, I had received lots of little goodies like this and other items (most I did not keep as I did not care for them - never in my wildest thoughts would I have ever thought these items would be worth money  Shocked Shocked)
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
dragsamou

Help Me Finish My Magic Rarities Collection

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 7:46am »

on Mar 18th, 2004, 3:56pm, silver.paladin wrote:
I can maybe help on this a little bit (if this is not already known).
I no longer have any of these booster packs

Hi Silver.
I do not talk about the Demo Booster Pack but the Portal
Starter Set Box for 2 Players  Smiley
IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
sylvanstu

Amoung the darkest ashes grows the strongest seeds

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19th, 2004, 7:14pm »

on Mar 18th, 2004, 3:21pm, dragsamou wrote:
Hi Members.
Just a little precision about Portal 1 Starter Set.In fact 2
Versions exist,both have the same WOC Number(17000).But one has written "Demo Product Not For Sale" below the box.I wonder if any others Portal Starters or Starters have the same Demo Product Versions and if the WOC Number is the same  Huh
Any help will be appreciated.

I talked to my buddie who used to own his own store and said he remembers the Portal 1 starters with the not for resale on them but he can't remember why WOTC sent it to him. he no longer has it unfortunately cause i'd have one now. He didn't remember a Portal 2 Starter like that though
IP Logged

Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.