Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 25th, 2005, 11:30pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Not a Scammer, just really stupid and annoying »

Magic Library Forum
   Trading
   Trading General
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7, l0qii)
   Not a Scammer, just really stupid and annoying
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Not a Scammer, just really stupid and annoying  (Read 275 times)
squt

View Profile WWW

Not a Scammer, just really stupid and annoying
« on: May 20th, 2005, 6:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38299&ite m=5198652462&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I asked this guy why he put 'summer' in the title, and he said " So more people will look at the auction".  What do you guys think of this sort of practice?  

And by the way - Pickle69 - this 'blue and white' effect can be duplicated by leaving the cards in the sun for a week - you're paying $5 for played, sunbleached lands.

Squt
IP Logged
misterpid

That's Mr Pid to you.

View Profile

Re: Not a Scammer, just really stupid and annoying
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2005, 7:33pm »

on May 20th, 2005, 6:57pm, squt wrote:

I asked this guy why he put 'summer' in the title, and he said " So more people will look at the auction".  What do you guys think of this sort of practice?  

That's called keyword spamming - it's against Ebays policies.   This auction can be reported and possibly removed for that - if anyone feels like reporting it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/keyword-spam.html This is the link if you feel that strongly about it.

Stuart
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2005, 7:34pm by misterpid » IP Logged

Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.
dragsamou

Help Me Finish My Magic Rarities Collection

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2005, 7:56pm »

on May 20th, 2005, 7:33pm, misterpid wrote:

That's called keyword spamming - it's against Ebays policies.   This auction can be reported and possibly removed for that - if anyone feels like reporting it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/keyword-spam.html This is the link if you feel that strongly about it.

Stuart

Hi Stuart.
If someone decided to do it,I will appreciate if he can do so,Also for the Thousands of others auctions,doing the same thing every week Wink
I will see if it's still a Fun Game to play the EbayCop  Grin

IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2005, 8:42pm »

I also hate people who label Betas as 'Like Alpha'.  It gets in the way....  grrr....  
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
flaminio

Ralph rules!

1895792 1895792    
View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: May 20th, 2005, 9:22pm »

If anyone wants to report this auction or others, here is the link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html

eBay only usually does something if a bunch of people report it, so if you feel strongly about this sort of stuff, go for it.

IP Logged

-Bob
squt

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 20th, 2005, 9:40pm »

Done.
IP Logged
misterpid

That's Mr Pid to you.

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 20th, 2005, 9:47pm »

I reported the auction in Squt's original post.   There is SO MUCH of this on Ebay that it's impossible to keep up with it.  Which is why I rarely report it.  

I've seen auctions where the seller imbedded hundreds of keywords into the code for the auction page.  The words never showed up in the actual auction text, but if you did a search for any of those words, you would get those auctions in your search.
IP Logged

Always looking for:
Legends Presence of the Master (English or Italian)
Dark Sorrow's Path (English or Italian)
Non-English Contract From Below.
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: May 20th, 2005, 9:57pm »

on May 20th, 2005, 9:40pm, squt wrote:
Done.

done
IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: May 20th, 2005, 9:58pm »

On May-19-05 at 19:05:30 PDT, seller added the following information:

These cards are not Summer Magic Cards nor do they have anything to do with summer magic

On May-19-05 at 19:21:33 PDT, seller added the following information:

I thought I put "Not Summer" in the title to get more hits. Sorry for the confusion
IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
Mr.C

Now Collecting: Legends

172776846 172776846     AnglerFishBr
View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: May 21st, 2005, 2:18am »

on May 20th, 2005, 6:57pm, squt wrote:
And by the way - Pickle69 - this 'blue and white' effect can be duplicated by leaving the cards in the sun for a week - you're paying $5 for played, sunbleached lands.

Squt

Really?

By the way, these are portuguese Ice Age lands, like the one i traded to ende73. Tell me, how stong does the sun have to be? Will tropical sun do? I'm quite curious (and worried too, since i traded cards like these as legitimate misprints).

Do explain, please.
IP Logged

Check my Legend want list:

http://irpg.galacnode.com/mtg/Legends
Celebrindor

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: May 21st, 2005, 5:40am »

on May 21st, 2005, 2:18am, Mr.C wrote:

Really?

By the way, these are portuguese Ice Age lands, like the one i traded to ende73. Tell me, how stong does the sun have to be? Will tropical sun do? I'm quite curious (and worried too, since i traded cards like these as legitimate misprints).

Do explain, please.

Experiment time!  I'm going to try this, and see what happens...
IP Logged

Gryfalia

Ex Level-3 Judge with an attitude

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 23rd, 2005, 4:54pm »

Best way to do it..leave em in the back window of your car (assuming you park it outside).

Gryfalia
IP Logged
Mr.C

Now Collecting: Legends

172776846 172776846     AnglerFishBr
View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: May 24th, 2005, 7:51pm »

on May 23rd, 2005, 4:54pm, Gryfalia wrote:
Best way to do it..leave em in the back window of your car (assuming you park it outside).

Gryfalia

So, it can be done.

But, i can't be a coincidence that most of these 'blue' lands that show up are in portuguese, no?
IP Logged

Check my Legend want list:

http://irpg.galacnode.com/mtg/Legends
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 25th, 2005, 12:33am »

on May 24th, 2005, 7:51pm, Mr.C wrote:

So, it can be done.

But, i can't be a coincidence that most of these 'blue' lands that show up are in portuguese, no?

Maybe there are more cars parked outside in the Portugal area?   Grin
I would suggest, that if these *blue* cards are 'manufactured' from Portugese cards in this manner, then that is probably the only reason - the manufactured cards more or less began in that region.

As for placing them on a car window to see if you will get the same effect or not (personally, that was my thought originally also), I would suggest placing them on the front window dash, since often many back window areas are carpeted, or some kind of fabric, and usually the front dash is a hard polymer of some kind, and the solid hard polymer will probably help reflect the suns rays into 'washing' the colors out.
I've done this before by accident with comics 20 or 30 years ago, so it is the memory of the faded comic coloring that makes me think that this is the method being used.  Of course, with the bluish color, there could be a blue plastic shield of some kind kept in place between the window and the card, so that the sun might burn a bluish coloration into the cards.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2005, 12:34am by silver.paladin » IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
Celebrindor

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: May 25th, 2005, 1:09am »

on May 25th, 2005, 12:33am, silver.paladin wrote:

Maybe there are more cars parked outside in the Portugal area?   Grin
I would suggest, that if these *blue* cards are 'manufactured' from Portugese cards in this manner, then that is probably the only reason - the manufactured cards more or less began in that region.

As for placing them on a car window to see if you will get the same effect or not (personally, that was my thought originally also), I would suggest placing them on the front window dash, since often many back window areas are carpeted, or some kind of fabric, and usually the front dash is a hard polymer of some kind, and the solid hard polymer will probably help reflect the suns rays into 'washing' the colors out.
I've done this before by accident with comics 20 or 30 years ago, so it is the memory of the faded comic coloring that makes me think that this is the method being used.  Of course, with the bluish color, there could be a blue plastic shield of some kind kept in place between the window and the card, so that the sun might burn a bluish coloration into the cards.

Stupid weather...   I've had some Revised lands in the window for the last few days, but its been cloudy...  If it ever gets sunny, i'll let you guys know how long it takes.  

Silver Paladin:  That is not necessarily the case.  For whatever reason (probably something to do with light wavelengths, but I do not know), blue always seems to fade the least - I have noticed this on various things that have been left in the sun, such as campaign stickers from elections past - the blue last noticeably longer than other colors, and retains the greater amount of its color.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.