Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 26th, 2005, 7:52am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « HAVE:  Foil Crystalline Sliver »

Magic Library Forum
   Forum
   Trading (old)
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7, l0qii)
   HAVE:  Foil Crystalline Sliver
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HAVE:  Foil Crystalline Sliver  (Read 819 times)
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

Re: HAVE:  Foil Crystalline Sliver
« Reply #15 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 8:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 9th, 2005, 7:50pm, psrex wrote:

Yes, after I showed him the auction via IRC Celebrindor said that if he won he would send me one of the Slivers (as a thank you for pointing out the auction).  I thought that you noticed since you were logged into IRC at that same time.

I recall offering it to you, for showing me the auction, but for free?  I don't recall that.  Also, I sent you an email immediately after I won, and never got a response.  I assumed you werent still interested.
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
psrex

psrex1  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 9:05pm »

on Jan 9th, 2005, 8:55pm, Celebrindor wrote:

I recall offering it to you, for showing me the auction, but for free?  I don't recall that.  Also, I sent you an email immediately after I won, and never got a response.  I assumed you werent still interested.

I never saw the e-mail (where did you send it?), and you hadn't replied to a PM that I sent to you.  It seemed like you were intentionally ignoring me.  I'd be willing to pay for the card, put certainly not more than half of what the auction closed for.
IP Logged

Looking for World Championship decks and Vanguard cards. MOTL H/W list
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: Jan 9th, 2005, 10:31pm »

on Jan 9th, 2005, 9:05pm, psrex wrote:

I never saw the e-mail (where did you send it?), and you hadn't replied to a PM that I sent to you.  It seemed like you were intentionally ignoring me.  I'd be willing to pay for the card, put certainly not more than half of what the auction closed for.

IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
sylvanstu

Amoung the darkest ashes grows the strongest seeds

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:06am »

so you promised the card to two people  and now are offering the card for 200 to 250.  you had me leave the auction alone to keep the price down and i agreed if you would sell me one   so thats 2 people you promised and then you laughed at me in pm on irc.for my offer and said you wanted 3 digits well i have had enough of you Evan i have seen your ways and i'm not the only one. you are never going to do buisness with me again
IP Logged

Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.
Mr.C

Now Collecting: Legends

172776846 172776846     AnglerFishBr
View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:30am »

on Jan 10th, 2005, 2:06am, sylvanstu wrote:
so you promised the card to two people  and now are offering the card for 200 to 250.  you had me leave the auction alone to keep the price down and i agreed if you would sell me one   so thats 2 people you promised and then you laughed at me in pm on irc.for my offer and said you wanted 3 digits well i have had enough of you Evan i have seen your ways and i'm not the only one. you are never going to do buisness with me again

uh, i frankly dont know the whole story, but, people, lets not get greedy here...

evan, what exactly happened?

sylvanstu, psrex, what exactly happened here?
IP Logged

Check my Legend want list:

http://irpg.galacnode.com/mtg/Legends
Muldoon

Swirling Clouds

115180696 115180696    
View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:33am »

I don't recommend anyone to make any offers on this, as this card has been promised to two (?) people for the auction price...
Unless money suddenly is more important than honesty, solve this soon evan...
IP Logged

Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/Test/Misprinted wanted!
psrex

psrex1  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:53am »

on Jan 10th, 2005, 2:06am, sylvanstu wrote:

I know that Sylvanstu was around on IRC when Evan and I were talking about the auction, but I think after I noted the auction number.  Slyvanstu noted that he had seen the auction as well and had been planning on sniping it.  I know that he told Evan that he was interested in one of the Slivers, but I had to leave at that point (and I think that this was also after Evan had offered me a Sliver).

Truthfully, I don't really care about getting a Crystalline Sliver at all, as I don't collect the foil promos.  I'm more interested in this from an ethical side -- saying that you would do something and then following through.
IP Logged

Looking for World Championship decks and Vanguard cards. MOTL H/W list
Celebrindor

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 3:39am »

I would like to say a few things.  First, I received an offer via PM of $200 for this card.  While I do need the money, I will not be accepting that offer.

I checked the text logs from the IRC channel, and I would like to apologize.  I did inadvertently promise this card to both sylvanstu and psrex, without realizing it.  Two days before I received the card, I talked with sylvanstu via a private channel in IRC.  At that point, I had forgotten that I had promised it psrex, but remembered that I told sylvanstu he had the first shot at it (I don't recall promising it to him at 1/2 the winning price, though that does seem fair).  After talking with him (we debated what the card was actually worth; he speculated it would be released, I disagreed).  

After he offered $25, and I declined, I sent a PM through the forums to a member I trust; he estimated its worth at around $200 (and this morning PM'd me an offer of that much, a friend wants it).  

Then, yesterday, the cards actually arrived (I decided not to start a thread until they were actually in hand).  After I started the thread, Muldoon reminded me that I promised the card to someone (I was thinking of sylvanstu, who I *thought* was no longer interested).  Since I thought that was resolved, I wasn't worried.  Later that night (2 in the morning to be specific), I checked my PMs, and I had 3 or 4 concerning the sliver.  I was incredibly tired, and sent back several messages saying 'make me an offer'.  The final message I checked (2 in the morning, remember) was psrex's, and I was confused (again, I had forgotten that I had promised it to him), so I decided to wait until after I slept to make a response.  This morning, I found the message offering $200 for it, and accepted.  Then, I checked this thread, and noticed psrex's confusion at my post indicating that I had talked to the person I promised it to.  

Furthermore, the only reason that I turned down sylvanstu's offer of $25 is because I need the money this week, and expected (and received, as I said) a higher offer.  I gave him the chance to make the first offer on the card (which is what I had thought we agreed on), and he didn't make a high enough offer (again, I need the money), so I moved on.

I see now that I accidentally promised the card to 2 people.  So, I am willing to send one to sylvanstu, and one to psrex, for $25 each.  I'm sure another will turn up eventually.  Again, I apologize.
IP Logged

Celebrindor

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 3:43am »

Also, sylvanstu, I did not laugh at you.  Looking again at the logs, I can see how you might have taken it that way, but I did not mean it that way.  Sorry
IP Logged

johnstown713

Can I have some Alpha Mons's Goblin Raiders

johnstown713
View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 3:55am »

This is good, money didn't take over and it shows the world can still function properly.  I think what Evan is doing is the right thing although its sucks for him.  Maybe this will releive tensions of members for a while.  Good to see people holding to their word.  My 2c
IP Logged

Alpha Print Run Collection:
Mons's Goblin Raiders: 168(1 is graded)

Motl Sale:
http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/050320.html
TerraFrost

I love phpBB 2.0.15!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 7:52am »

i think you're doing the right thing, Celebrindor, and for that, you should be commended Smiley

anyway, look on the bright side - you got foil muscle slivers for free! Smiley
IP Logged

BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: Jan 12th, 2005, 5:43am »

If someone is willing to pay 200 dollars for a crystaline sliver please contact me.
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
Tha_Gunslinga

Crimpeder Than Thou

ThaGunslingaMOTL
View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: Jan 12th, 2005, 6:40am »

on Jan 10th, 2005, 7:52am, TerraFrost wrote:
i think you're doing the right thing, Celebrindor, and for that, you should be commended Smiley

Aren't these still considered stolen?  Am I the only one who sees dealing in stolen property as a bad idea?
IP Logged

Dry Cereal and I are tighter than two crimps in a pack. Ben & Ben, the crimpsters.

Crimp count: 1010
Newest crimps:

Army of Allah
Anarchist (foil)
Niall Silvain
Deranged Hermit
Banshee (CH
Celebrindor

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: Jan 12th, 2005, 1:25pm »

on Jan 12th, 2005, 6:40am, Tha_Gunslinga wrote:

Aren't these still considered stolen?  Am I the only one who sees dealing in stolen property as a bad idea?

Everytime someone mentions this, it's 'assumed' stolen, 'i heard' it was stolen, 'i think' it was stolen.  No one who actually works for WOTC has ever confirmed this.  (On a side note, if this is anything like normal FNM cards, they must have made at least 50,000 of them; how does someone take that many cards without anyone noticing?)
IP Logged

bigfatkitty

WARNING:  Bites the hand that feeds him!

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Jan 12th, 2005, 2:03pm »

Since Mintcollector (Mike) won't accept my offer of $20 for the Dakmor Sorceress, I'd like to instead offer it for the Foil Crystalline Sliver.
IP Logged

Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.
Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
If you have a 3-word name and the 1st and last words start with an 'M', go away.
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.