Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 26th, 2005, 7:48am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « At no point »

Magic Library Forum
   Forum
   Trading (old)
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7, l0qii)
   At no point
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: At no point  (Read 189 times)
Gryfalia

Ex Level-3 Judge with an attitude

View Profile

At no point
« on: Jan 10th, 2005, 3:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Should anyone here email me, unless we already have email communications going.

We have a nice PM system here, and it works like a charm.  If you want to talk to me, drop me a line here.  Do NOT take it upon yourself to mail me unsolicited email offers to my listed email address.

I would think this desire would be true of the vast majority of the posters on this board.  If someone wants email, they will ask for it.

Sorry for being so vehement here, but I didn't think that using my work email for my email here would be an issue, but someone took it upon themselves to send me an email about stuff they want to sell, and, of course, it came here.  It certainly didn't cause a problem, but the last thing I need is spam mail, and spam mail to my EMAIL address when the PM system is working quite well, thank you.

Gryfalia
IP Logged
Muldoon

Swirling Clouds

115180696 115180696    
View Profile

Re: At no point
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 4:11pm »

I say the same, very well spoken Gryfalia. Either PM me about random offers, or know me before you send email, I don't need offers like the one mr Dave sent, that are totally unrelated to me.
It'd be one thing if it was a summer or misprint whelp, sure, that's related to me and an email could be OK. But that's as far as it goes...
IP Logged

Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/Test/Misprinted wanted!
pickle.69

Shivan misprints anyone? Keep an eye on them

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 4:14pm »

on Jan 10th, 2005, 4:11pm, Muldoon wrote:

It'd be one thing if it was a summer or misprint whelp, sure, that's related to me and an email could be OK.

Well I have both!  Cool
I hate such mails too if you know that somebody might be interested PM him if you wanna know who is interested START A TOPIC.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2005, 4:16pm by pickle.69 » IP Logged

Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons (esp. Alpha h:6)
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h:57
Unique Misprints
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading;action=display;num=1093727224;
mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 4:32pm »

I am not opposed to emails as long as they are targeted directly at me for things I am interested in.  In other words I have a standing offer for any and all Dakmor Sorceresses and cards lited on my eBay About Me page.  I have made the effort to let others know what I want.  The Dave email which I feel most are referring to was just a spam mail to see what would stick.  The idiot should have done his homework.  First off, I could care less about misprints.  Secondly, unless they are Dakmor Sorceresses, foreign cards are out of the question as well.  So personally I don't go as far as saying don't email me.  I just ask that a little homework gets done and not spam the community like Dave did.
IP Logged

See my current needs here: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mintcollector/
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 6:30pm »

I just checked my little used email account that I used to set up myself on here, and lo and behold, a spam mail from Davidme about those cards.
That kind of email I detest, because in part because I was just one of a list of people it was sent to, ergo spam mail; rather than being an intended target for a personal email.
I would not mind a whole lot if I was a particular intended recipient of an email about something, but to be part of a block of spammed recipients, that I do not care, and most definitely do not want.
Emails like that are DELETED, not read.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
TerraFrost

I love phpBB 2.0.15!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 6:51pm »

wouldn't selecting the "Hide Email from public?" option in Profile solve this problem?
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2005, 6:52pm by TerraFrost » IP Logged

BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

mintcollector

Expert Champion

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 7:22pm »

on Jan 10th, 2005, 6:51pm, TerraFrost wrote:
wouldn't selecting the "Hide Email from public?" option in Profile solve this problem?

Yes it would but if someone has something I want, I leave my email open publically just for this case.  Of course any spammer using this forum can build a list from the member list here, but unless I am interested in the item, I'll just delete the email.  Spammers are stupid.  I wonder how many spammers actually make anything off of what they do?
IP Logged

See my current needs here: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mintcollector/
flatmatt

It's a Bear!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 9:30pm »

I agree, for the most part.  If it's something that I, specifically, would be interested, by all means e-mail me if you like that better than PM (though actually I tend to check this forum more often than I do my e-mail).  Just remember to put something like "rarities" or "bear" in the title so I don't delete it.  But generic e-mails to everyone only serve to make people angry, especially since if you want to send a message to everyone on the forum, well, that's what the *forum* is for.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2005, 9:31pm by flatmatt » IP Logged

It's a Bear! - My Bear collection - Website now faster!
MOTL H/W List
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.