Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 26th, 2005, 8:57am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Merfolk: the Gathering »

Magic Library Forum
   Forum
   Trading (old)
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, hammr7, l0qii)
   Merfolk: the Gathering
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Merfolk: the Gathering  (Read 123 times)
merfolkguy

Merfolk Geek

View Profile

« on: Jan 16th, 2005, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

There are 721 merfolk in print that I know of.

Swing by and browse the page if you have a minute.
I'm sure the number is subject to revision as some of you can add insight into print runs that I don't know yet..I just found out today for instance that the simplified chinese invasion packs had english foils..woo woo, that's 4 I don't need Smiley

I could use some help getting a lot of the foreign cards I'm missing...I don't suppose many of you live in Europe, Brazil or Asia and have been playing since Magic came out, piling up boxes of commons like 4th edition white bordered Spanish magic just in case someone someday wanted that merfolk?

Problematic cards for me seem to always be the rares in non-english, non standard sets...saprazzan heirs, rootwater thieves etc...  given the number of cards printed in each set, those are obviously easier to get in English than anything else, but perhaps if I have your help and I am persistent I can track down many of these cards eventually.

The various asian languages are also tough because so many of us Westerners can't distinguish between the character sets.  

Here is my site.  I list each language separately and things I need are printed in Red.

http://ftp.cablemo.net/~coats/atl.html

If you have any feedback on the lists of what is in print, please let me know.  

If you can help me with any of the needed merfs, I am open to payment in cash or cards, and I can always cover shipping if you'd just like to ship me some commons.

thank you Smiley

Mike, the Merfolk guy
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2005, 3:45am by merfolkguy » IP Logged

Collecting Merfolk and Lords of Atlantis:
merfolkguy

Merfolk Geek

View Profile

Re: Merfolk: the Gathering
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16th, 2005, 11:45pm »

Okay, my two unidentifieds by the way are a French and a German merfolk of the pearl trident, each copyright 1996, and the copyright text is in white.  4th edition in each was copyright 1995 and 5th edition of course has the newer art and is copyright 1997.
So what european release was in 1996?  I know you guys know this.

Thanks

merfguy
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2005, 11:46pm by merfolkguy » IP Logged

Muldoon

Swirling Clouds

115180696 115180696    
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 12:19am »

1996 4th was the rivals box set, released in several languages including english... I think I have an english one somewhere, if you still need it Tongue
EDIT: Found a foreign merfolk looter from exodus that you need too, I think it's spanish... Saqueador tritón (wonder why it was spelled with a small T on the card). Also, I confirmed that I have a C 1996 rivals 4th merfolk for you, just let me know if you need it.
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2005, 12:34am by Muldoon » IP Logged

Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/Test/Misprinted wanted!
merfolkguy

Merfolk Geek

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 3:56am »

thanks for info.  updated my page.

I'll contact you about the card by PM, thank you.  

M
IP Logged

Muldoon

Swirling Clouds

115180696 115180696    
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 4:05am »

Here's the full list of the interesting merfolk i found so far:
1996 Rivals MOTPT
Signed 4th MOTPT
Spanish Exodus Merfolk Looter
Signed Manta Riders (Tempest)
None of them are really worth anything... But hey! It's always something, some fresh blood in the collection Grin
IP Logged

Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/Test/Misprinted wanted!
themike314

TheMike314
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 10:00am »

I've got an English and a Chinese Ambassador Laquatus (not sure which Chinese, though), and the Korean Exodus Merfolk Looter and Rootwater Mystic.  I also probably have the Portuguese Mirage Merfolk you need, but I'll have to look through those.  PM or e-mail me if you're interested.
IP Logged

You told me why you hate magic. You never asked why I hate the church. I'll tell you why. It's because you're closed-minded, intolerant, dogmatic, and most of all, you're amateurs.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.