Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 7:33am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « 10th Series Crazy Clowns - Do sketches belong? »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Item Value and Availability
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   10th Series Crazy Clowns - Do sketches belong?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 10th Series Crazy Clowns - Do sketches belong?  (Read 894 times)
hammr7

Hero in my own mind!

View Profile

Re: 10th Series Crazy Clowns/Minagishi Tracking Pr
« Reply #15 on: May 28th, 2004, 4:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The pattern is obvious.  #1 through #10 all have sketches, and the numbers are assigned to the tokens in alphabetical order.  #11 through #100 are 9 more sets of tokens, each in alphabetical order.  so all tokens with a number ending in "0" (20, 30, 40, etc.) are zombies, and all tokens ending in a "1" (11, 21, 31, etc.) are angels.

The question is whether even a single token doesn't follow the pattern.
IP Logged

Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?
MOT

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: May 30th, 2004, 2:21am »

14/100 Signed Elemental
68/100  Signed Pentavite

No sketches   Sad

IP Logged
Ralph Herold
Administrator

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: May 30th, 2004, 2:43am »

Images of all 10 sketches can be seen here:

Links temporarily removed until situation is decided.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2004, 3:08pm by Ralph Herold » IP Logged
motorcitymagic

Voted Best-loved Forum Member of 2004.

motorcitymagic  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: May 30th, 2004, 5:53am »

I have to say, I really don't like the idea of the sketches being posted. Ralph, please take them down because I am worried that they could be used to produce fakes. Its good enough that you have them for verification purposes. Please don't risk the special value and investment some of us have put into those.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2004, 5:57am by motorcitymagic » IP Logged

MTG Archive - a free online encyclopedia devoted to Magic
hammr7

Hero in my own mind!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: May 30th, 2004, 6:31am »

on May 30th, 2004, 5:53am, motorcitymagic wrote:
I have to say, I really don't like the idea of the sketches being posted. Ralph, please take them down because I am worried that they could be used to produce fakes. Its good enough that you have them for verification purposes. Please don't risk the special value and investment some of us have put into those.

I don't think it will lead to fakes.  Each of the sketches is unique, and we know that Rarities members got them.  Eventually we will know who got all 10 (none for me  Sad ).  As the rarities site has become the de-facto home for information regarding the tokens, anyone who claims to own one, or who wants to sell one, has to confront us and the real owner.
IP Logged

Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?
motorcitymagic

motorcitymagic  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: May 30th, 2004, 6:48am »

If I'm the only one that feels this way, then I ask that the three sketches I own not be shown.
IP Logged

silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: May 30th, 2004, 8:13am »

on May 30th, 2004, 2:43am, Ralph Herold wrote:
Images of all 10 sketches can be seen here:

http://magiclibrary.net/temp/sketches-1.jpg
http://magiclibrary.net/temp/sketches-2.jpg

Those are the sketches, quite nice.  Will they be added to the Crazy Clowns location here, or be kept in a special place on their own?  Hope they are placed somehow with the CC locale.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: May 30th, 2004, 10:22am »

on May 30th, 2004, 6:48am, motorcitymagic wrote:
If I'm the only one that feels this way, then I ask that the three sketches I own not be shown.

i partially agree with you mcm.

only you don't have the rights to not show the sketches.

The copyright lies in hands of jun herself, if she says that the sketches will be shown on this website for example, then it's her choice, not yours.

i like the beast sketch, who's got it?
IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
Ralph Herold
Administrator

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: May 30th, 2004, 3:29pm »

I am torn apart regarding this issue. One the one hand, I wish to address the concerns of motorcitymagic, AXIOS, and possibly other members. On the other hand, this website is meant to be a source of information, and an inevitable side effect of presenting information is that it can be abused. I would like to hear your opinion on this matter, suggestions are welcome as well.

Until this matter is decided, I have made the images inaccessible to honor the request above.
IP Logged
flatmatt

It's a Bear!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: May 30th, 2004, 5:05pm »

Well, I don't think anyone could make decent fakes from images at that size, but maybe you could shrink it further, Ralph?  Like maybe half or even a third of the size you had before?

Of course, there's the possible issue of someone actually drawing the sketches on their own.  But that just doesn't seem likely at all.
IP Logged

It's a Bear! - My Bear collection - Website now faster!
MOTL H/W List
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: May 30th, 2004, 6:58pm »

on May 30th, 2004, 3:29pm, Ralph Herold wrote:
I am torn apart regarding this issue. One the one hand, I wish to address the concerns of motorcitymagic, AXIOS, and possibly other members. On the other hand, this website is meant to be a source of information, and an inevitable side effect of presenting information is that it can be abused. I would like to hear your opinion on this matter, suggestions are welcome as well.

I really do not understand this issue of not posting the sketches.  What is the big 'worry'?  Certainly there is the history of fake Minagishi tokens being created and sold, which has reduced the value of all tokens, because who knows what tokens are real and which are fake unless you can actually see them first - but what is to stop a class A faker from making tokens so perfectly that the difference cannot be seen?

I have not yet ever once heard anyone complaining about their cards that have been altered by artists, or sketches on the back of APs that might be copied or anything like that.  This is starting to sound like a making a mountain of a molehill complaint.

Once again, maybe it needs mentioning that it was because of the effort and kindness of one soul here that the members of this board were even able to purchase them, rather than having them sold to the world at large.  Its Crazy to hear the complaints about not being able to buy them and even Crazy'r to complain about not having the sketches available to be shown to members at large.  I don't know what GamingJims thoughts are on this whole issue, but if I were him, I would not consider ever doing this again, if this is the response that is going to happen.  And if this opportunity does happen again, I would very much hope that Jim (or other such member) might do this same opportunity again.

So please Ralph, keep the sketches posted and don't let a few odd bad cats spoil the milk.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
AXIOS

CREDENDO VIDES!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: May 30th, 2004, 7:09pm »

Ralph, don't get me wrong, i DON'T mind that the sketches are documented here, i think it's a good idea.

All i was trying to say regarding mcm, is that i can understand his concerns.

I LOVE to see the other sketches here on this site.
and they belong here, because they are real rarities.

And all of the sketches are in hands of rarities members, so if there is one on ebay, we know it´s a fake unless it´s one of us
IP Logged

LOVES BIGFATPIMPY!!!!!!!!!
I WANT LOTS OF BOG WRAITHS, PLZ DONATE TO THIS POOR NETHERLANDI
motorcitymagic

motorcitymagic  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: May 30th, 2004, 7:23pm »

1. The site does not currently document any other "personalized" items, such as signatures, AP sketches, artwork. This seems to imply that the 10th series sketches would be out of place.

2. Having the images posted de-values my cards. I consider myself very lucky to have these special items and really am not interested in being forced into sharing them with anyone else. Let the owners post pictures if they want to.

3. There is a (very small) risk that someone who is not the actual owner of the sketches to abuse the information - maybe by producing fakes or using the images in fake auctions. I see very little informational value in posting them, so the risk outweighs it.

If that happens, what are any of us going to do about it? We'll be powerless. We aren't the copyright owners, and the seller may not have anything in the auction to indicate to eBay any wrongdoing. eBay customer support would never do anything no matter how many of us complain, leaving us to have to directly interfere by contacting the bidders - which is against eBay rules itself.
IP Logged

rg

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: May 30th, 2004, 8:57pm »

I missed to see the images when they where posted and as i collect sketches (on AP''s) i would love to see them.
But i respect everyone's decission if he don't want the sketches he owns to be posted.

Why not print a magiclibrary logo across the scans so the images can't be used for faked auctions?
(yes i know if someone really wants to create print fakes he can still do so)
IP Logged
dragsamou

Help Me Finish My Magic Rarities Collection

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: May 30th, 2004, 9:00pm »

Hi Members.
First I'm amazed by this situation  Shocked
As I'm the lucky owner of a huge Minagishi Collection,I was more than happy to share them with the Community by sending scans of the First Series,Second Series,Minagishi Booster,etc..As I'm the lucky owner also of 4 Minagishi Tokens 9Th Series with Sketches and  
a Minagishi drawing(Thanks Jim Wink)I asked Ralph if he wanted the scans,Anyway,since both of them was on Ebay,Millions of people could watch them and so far no Fakes have surfaced  WinkAs I know the only Fakes that we know of are the 6th and 7Th and 8Th Series.I have a good laugh  Cheesy thinking about someone who wants to make a Fake Minagishi with a Sketch,I can understand
for a Black Lotus,but a Minagishi,let's be serious.
On my part,I just can thanks again Jim and Ralph for that
Great offer to the M.R.Members.I did not received mine yet,but in case I have One with a Sketch,I will be happy to share it with The Community as usual,because I believe that they belong to the Community,otherwise,I will feel like these Collectors having H.P Cards into their safe  Wink Smiley
IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.