Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 7:21pm

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « T&T's Bad Selling Practices »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Magic Industry Information
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   T&T's Bad Selling Practices
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: T&T's Bad Selling Practices  (Read 1325 times)
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

Re: T&T's Bad Selling Practices
« Reply #15 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 3:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I compliment you for standing up for your competition.
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
Allie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 3:17am »

on Nov 6th, 2004, 2:55am, Cardhaus wrote:
A little common sense is needed here folks.  

First off, you cannot tell if the Legends box you have is an "A" or "B" box by looking at the outside of the package.  The small paper ticket is also on the inside of the box so that theory is out also.  Since sealed boxes of older cards sell for quite a premium over loose packs it would not be in the best interest of the seller to open it to check the contents.  Since last I checked, my distributor had been sold out of Legends cases since about 1994.  Almost all the boxes left unopened are bought 1 or 2 at a time from private collectors so there is no way you can tell if they are A or B versions.

Instead of berating T&T here on the forum for an honest mistake, why don't you try and contact them about their typographical error in the listing of 145 cards.  

From the Troll and Toad website:
How is this misleading?  It states nothing but facts (other than the typo about the size of the set) as to what could be found in the packs and boxes they sell.

Len

That is a good point on the typo. And as to what could be found in the box, that is more on the edge. Reading it you could assume, if  you did not know better, that you would get that card. "Buyer beware" is a good rule of thumb" and when writing advertising copy you tend to want to get people excited and not outright lie. The statement they use is factual, although it could be seen as misleading.

The ad copy could also have been written by someone who did not know the difference. And while ignorance is no excuse when selling an item, it could explain the mistakes.

As some have said on this site, T&T seem to have lost their expertise in MTG.

Pointing out the mistake and concern over the copy, and seeing what T&T's response is, would be a very good idea. Especially before anything inflamitory is said about the company in question.  

I need to stop before I start sounding like an attorney and spewing facts about libel and slander and the difference between the two ... I almost went into law before sticking with just journalism  
IP Logged
Ralph Herold
Administrator

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 3:23am »

I agree with Cardhaus. The fact that three booster boxes purchased from Troll & Toad did not contain any Mana Drain cards does not necessarily lead to the conclusion that the remaining booster boxes do not contain any Mana Drain cards as well. As long as Troll & Toad does not know exactly from which case their booster boxes origin and how they were positioned inside the case, they simply do not know themselves whether their booster boxes contain any Mana Drain cards. And even if they knew, they would not have to reveal this information from a legal point of view.
IP Logged
TerraFrost

I love phpBB 2.0.15!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: Nov 6th, 2004, 3:25am »

couldn't someone just post a review on the trollandtoad website and mention what's been mentioned here?
IP Logged

BLACK LOTUS DONATIONS NEEDED!

CURRENT COUNT: 0

normalbrains

dildo extraordinaire

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Nov 7th, 2004, 12:12am »

dont be naive. T&T know exactly where their boxes of legends came from and they know whether or not they contain drains.  

id love to hear gaming jim expound on this issue.
IP Logged

My H/W: http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/188717.html
Muldoon

Swirling Clouds

115180696 115180696    
View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Nov 7th, 2004, 12:22am »

on Nov 7th, 2004, 12:12am, normalbrains wrote:
dont be naive. T&T know exactly where their boxes of legends came from and they know whether or not they contain drains.  

Actually Jim stated in an earlier thread that they didn't bother searching/scanning their summer packs because there was no good reason for doing so, why would they bother with boxes containing 2-3 drains when they don't bother tampering with boosters potentially containing blue hurricanes?
The previous owners of the legends boxes might have known if they contained drains or not, but I really doubt TNT does.
IP Logged

Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/Test/Misprinted wanted!
Gryfalia

Ex Level-3 Judge with an attitude

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Nov 7th, 2004, 12:43am »

on Nov 7th, 2004, 12:12am, normalbrains wrote:

Don't be silly, I would be stunned if they weren't second hand, and on top of that, third and fourth hand.  And that they are mixed together.  

I would be STUNNED if they were sitting there, still in original cases, being 'obvious'.

On top of that, 2 mana drains per box isn't that big of a deal when selling sealed product.

Gryfalia
IP Logged
normalbrains

dildo extraordinaire

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Nov 7th, 2004, 1:35am »

maybe ive overreacted. i have this thing with T&T. i dont like them

please forgive me.

smily face contest!!

Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
IP Logged

My H/W: http://www.magictraders.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/188717.html
sylvanstu

Amoung the darkest ashes grows the strongest seeds

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Nov 7th, 2004, 7:49am »

I'm not happy with them right now either i bought some cards from them they never arrived. I e-mailed them to let them know,  no answer. I e-mailed them again they said they would look into it  then no answer.  I e-mailed them again and they said it was thier policie to wait 3 months to straiten out theese maters.

WHAT so i wait til December to see what next is going to happen.

Til this i have had no problem with T+T, But i have not bought from them since and won't til i see how this goes down in December.
IP Logged

Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.
Celebrindor

328665940 328665940   van8888   van88888888
View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: Nov 7th, 2004, 8:25pm »

If I remember correctly, in a thread from a few weeks ago, several members reported not receiving cards, receiving cards from the wrong set, or the wrong condition.  Perhaps if it were not for these previous bad experiences, we would be less suspicious.
IP Logged

As of the 21st, i've been here for 1 year! yay!
mds

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Nov 10th, 2004, 4:25pm »

Did anyone at all catch the word "new"!?
IP Logged
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: Nov 11th, 2004, 5:20am »

considering their track record, I think I may begin ordering garbage from them and treat it like a repack.
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
gamingjack

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 4:29pm »

I was thinking of placing a big order with T&T, I usually buy at my local shop and justed starting buying online. Some of you guys seem like you are against them, but I heard they were the best.  Any opinoins/advice?
IP Logged
Gryfalia

Ex Level-3 Judge with an attitude

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 6:10pm »

Except for one booster missing from a box I bought once (the box was slightly opened and it was gone.  I was credited for the missing booster), I've never had a problem.

I've also never had a problem selling to them, which I have done quite a bit..

Gryfalia
IP Logged
fvzappa

A T1 junkie.

keith+fvzappa
View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: Nov 17th, 2004, 6:34pm »

I know one of the employees well, & have started dealing with him/them in person. It is easier & I always get my cards...
IP Logged

What's the ugliest part of your body? Your MIND.
My ebay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZtheblacklotusQ2acom
My misprints one added weekly: http://fvzappa.photosite.com
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.