Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 8:52am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Fake Minagishi...The Wurm Return. »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Card Structure and Integrity
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   Fake Minagishi...The Wurm Return.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fake Minagishi...The Wurm Return.  (Read 638 times)
bigfatkitty

WARNING:  Bites the hand that feeds him!

View Profile

Re: FAKE MINAGISHI - More ?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22nd, 2004, 8:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jan 22nd, 2004, 4:59pm, dragsamou wrote:

Hi Silver.
That's why so many Sellers are doing there own... $$$$
And it's not that we do not inform The MTG community about that Huge Fake Problem.

But if the card stock, the gloss and the image is right, there's no telling anymore what a fake is.  

I wouldn't say all the fakes are coming out of Singapore.  One of the fake token guys I had dealt with said he got his from a supplier in Germany.  Maybe this is how Ralph keeps this website going?   Wink Wink Wink

And Drag, I've changed my Minagishi title to something more official.   Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2004, 8:18pm by bigfatkitty » IP Logged

Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.
Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
If you have a 3-word name and the 1st and last words start with an 'M', go away.
dragsamou

Help Me Finish My Magic Rarities Collection

View Profile

Re: FAKE MINAGISHI...THE WURM RETURN
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23rd, 2004, 2:00pm »

Hi Members.
Did find back that Post that I was looking for on the Old
Forum  Smiley  
last updated at Sep 13, 2002 09:19 p.m. (1 times)
I recently got back from china and went to a card store there. They had sets of the stuff... in stock! I was just wondering if there existed any fake ones, cuz I bought 2 sets of the stuff. They fit just into a ultrapro sleeve with absoutly no excess plastic on top, super glossy, and have the "collector's Edition" back. Thanks.
IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

Re: FAKE MINAGISHI...THE WURM RETURN
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23rd, 2004, 8:24pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2004, 2:00pm, dragsamou wrote:
Hi Members.
Did find back that Post that I was looking for on the Old
Forum  Smiley  
last updated at Sep 13, 2002 09:19 p.m. (1 times)
I recently got back from china and went to a card store there. They had sets of the stuff... in stock! I was just wondering if there existed any fake ones, cuz I bought 2 sets of the stuff. They fit just into a ultrapro sleeve with absoutly no excess plastic on top, super glossy, and have the "collector's Edition" back. Thanks.

Sounds like my foil Goblin.  Super glossy and complete fit into the Ultra Pro sleeve - no excess space.
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
dragsamou

View Profile

Re: Fake Minagishi...The Wurm Return.
« Reply #18 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 3:45pm »

Hi Members.
Looks like the Never ending story but I have significant infos about the Second Wurm Token that I just get.
This One is definately Different has it have BROWN Borders  Shocked like the Test Prints but a Normal Collector's Edition Back.Colors also are not the same.That's a Real Mystery,since,the Seller told that he got them while he was hanging with Jun Minagishi Friends in Tokyo.As I mentioned before seeing this one,that they were imitations,I even offer him a Very Nice Reward if he could prove so,but the guy,didn't changed his story.
I do not know what to think anymore  Huh

http://www1.monphotoservice.com/membre/album/index.cfm?alb_id=371363& ;cfid=5937555&cftoken=90291844
IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
silver.paladin

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 3:59pm »

Maybe if a proper address/phone # for one of the Minagishi's can be found, perhaps Macone can be persuaded to try to have a conversation with her/them, and then he can maybe find out what all the truths are??

Although, as a late modification to this after reading the next reply, I forgot Ralph had mentioned a few months ago that he had done this, and that is how it is known that its a fake.  So much magic information, and not able to remember what is what anymore!!   Huh
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2004, 6:05pm by silver.paladin » IP Logged

Ralph Herold
Administrator

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 4:16pm »

I know from Arai Jin himself that the artwork of the Wurm Token is not from Jun Minagishi. Since he is her brother, his statement can be taken seriously.

Furthermore, I can confirm that the Wurm Token is not from Arai Jin, and he does not have a clue where it is from.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2004, 1:40am by Ralph Herold » IP Logged
bigfatkitty

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 5:19pm »

on Mar 26th, 2004, 3:45pm, dragsamou wrote:
Hi Members.
Looks like the Never ending story but I have significant infos about the Second Wurm Token that I just get.
This One is definately Different has it have BROWN Borders  Shocked like the Test Prints but a Normal Collector's Edition Back.Colors also are not the same.That's a Real Mystery,since,the Seller told that he got them while he was hanging with Jun Minagishi Friends in Tokyo.As I mentioned before seeing this one,that they were imitations,I even offer him a Very Nice Reward if he could prove so,but the guy,didn't changed his story.
I do not know what to think anymore  Huh

http://www1.monphotoservice.com/membre/album/index.cfm?alb_id=371363& ;cfid=5937555&cftoken=90291844
I got these new Wurms from a guy in Italy.  The color is the only difference.  He didn't have an explanation as to where he got them other than from 'some guy'.  I'm working on getting more if anyone is interested.   Grin
IP Logged

Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
If you have a 3-word name and the 1st and last words start with an 'M', go away.
dry_cereal

donate crimps for the cause

294706841 294706841   feedmecakes   feedmecakes
View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 9:12pm »

how much does it cost?
IP Logged

The first game of Magic ever was a drunken disaster
alpha fire elemental count = 6
standing offer = $130 for a crimped Summer card
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/bp43/crimps/crimppg1.htm
Muldoon

Swirling Clouds

115180696 115180696    
View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 9:21pm »

Ya I'd like a price quote too, my friend collects wurms and he'd most likely want to buy one. Nice even though its fake Grin
IP Logged

Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/Test/Misprinted wanted!
bigfatkitty

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: Mar 26th, 2004, 9:23pm »

on Mar 26th, 2004, 9:21pm, Muldoon wrote:
Ya I'd like a price quote too, my friend collects wurms and he'd most likely want to buy one. Nice even though its fake Grin

I'm negotiating now.  And he seems to take a while to ship.  I'll post again when I know what and how many I have.   Grin
IP Logged

Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
Charlie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #25 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 9:18am »

The text on the Wurm token seem to be in different font from others. Though really can't tell if it's fake, it's made in high quality. And I still believe that the minagishis floating in the market these several months are real... Though I don't have one coming from 2 years ago to compare with
IP Logged

Look at my Ebay auctions!
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=charlie_yu&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
Rare tokens, CE Mox, Zodiac Dragon, foil Brainstorm and MisD
dragsamou

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 9:26am »

on Apr 2nd, 2004, 9:18am, Charlie wrote:
And I still believe that the minagishis floating in the market these several months are real... Though I don't have one coming from 2 years ago to compare with

Hi Charlie.
The main problem is that 95% of the Tokens that you find on Ebay for the last 2 years are Fakes  Wink
Number One is the Angel  Grin
IP Logged

silver.paladin

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Apr 2nd, 2004, 4:57pm »

And as I have been noticing, the main sellers of cards are either from Singapore or Italy.  The YugiKing in Singapore I feel is all fakes, as he has been selling fistfulls of Minagishi tokens the past few weeks, including about a dozen 5-Goblin&Zombie tokens, and all are selling about $9.00.

This is not good, because it tarnishes all Singapore sellers.  I want a few tokens still, but I will not buy from any Singapore seller anymore, since they have so many fakes coming from there.
IP Logged

Charlie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 6:35pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2004, 9:26am, dragsamou wrote:

Hi Charlie.
The main problem is that 95% of the Tokens that you find on Ebay for the last 2 years are Fakes  Wink
Number One is the Angel  Grin

No way to tell if they're fake just from the image, and no way to tell if mine are fake  Embarassed
IP Logged

Look at my Ebay auctions!
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=charlie_yu&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
Rare tokens, CE Mox, Zodiac Dragon, foil Brainstorm and MisD
bigfatkitty

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Apr 3rd, 2004, 6:44pm »

So...if I'm getting this all right, my "brown border" Wurm tokens are quite possible fake fakes.   Tongue

This just gets better and better.  I also have a "brown border" Ape and Cobra.  We'll see what else I end up getting.
IP Logged

Nemesis of MCM
Confused by MRM
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.