Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2006, 7:04am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « What is up with the crystalline sliver? »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Item Value and Availability
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   What is up with the crystalline sliver?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What is up with the crystalline sliver?  (Read 777 times)
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

Re: What is up with the crystalline sliver?
« Reply #30 on: Jul 29th, 2004, 3:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 29th, 2004, 10:13am, Thrond wrote:
Now when I'll have to trade with Alexis, I'll have to kill some Magic rarities sellers with machine guns....

It's a Sicilian message. It means Kurt Heiden sleeps with the fishes.

Rather than the violence of machine guns, why not just make the sellers an offer, an offer they should not refuse!   Grin
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
rg

View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Jul 30th, 2004, 8:26am »

Looks like we have the first dumbass. Angry
Please Ralph, delete those posts and disable the account.
IP Logged
victorcamp

Ad Astra

View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Jul 30th, 2004, 3:29pm »

All this attention is making me blush! Embarassed

When I first picked it up in March of 2003, it didn't seem like a lucky purchase. At $28.50, it was high for promos expected to be available for $5.00. I was more interested in the card itself, because my Sliver deck -- especially the Crystalline Sliver -- is particularly feared among the friends I play with. It has kind of a special place in my heart.

I'm just not very mercenary, though at times I wish I were. (I have no basic problems with Capitalism.) I've dreamt of going to Antiques Roadshow (PBS TV, USA) and finding out I have something worth $50,000. I'd probably sell it in an instant!

What bothers me more is that, for the relatively small amount of money that would change hands for this one card, discomfort and hard feelings would probably outweigh the profit. I have trepidations about getting into a bidding war among friendly members of this forum.

That said, if the card appears to be one that will never be released, such that I have one of only 50 available in the world, then it becomes a different issue; a dedicated collector's desire to fill a niche would outweigh my simple fondness for the card.

Off to work...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.