Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2006, 6:03am

Magic LibraryMagic Library HomeHome HelpHelp SearchSearch LoginLogin RegisterRegister NotificationNotification
Magic Library Forum « Odd Repacks!! »

Magic Library Forum
   Archive (no new threads please)
   Standard Magic Products
(Moderators: Ralph Herold, l0qii, dragsamou)
   Odd Repacks!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Odd Repacks!!  (Read 314 times)
Tenacious_Dyl

Old Cards Rock

ThoughtsForEatin
View Profile

Odd Repacks!!
« on: Dec 16th, 2003, 11:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello Everyone.. I was christmas shopping today.. and found something VERY unique. I have never seen it before.

Thick plastic seals them all up... they contain the following.

Version One: 2 french homelands boosters, 2 english onslaught boosters

Version Two: "Gold" starter deck, and "Silver" starter deck. Both are in OPAQUE white wrappers.

What the heck is this stuff? It was selling in the FOOD AND GROCERIES section... and it is not homemade... they have at least twenty, roughly 10 of each of these versions. They are professionally packaged and labled.

So... my questions...  

1) Is this allowed by WotC?

2) What is the value of each 'version' ?

3) Would anyone like me to buy either of these, or both, for them. I do not mind Smiley (provided of course, you pay for the product, tax, and shipping... I will sell to you the same price I pay Smiley )

4) Should this be documented?

Please hurry with answers... I have very little time before they will disapear (it is christmas, and a VERY busy store)

Thanks, Dylan I.
IP Logged
silver.paladin

All regular and special Red/Land cards

View Profile

Re: Odd Repacks!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:06am »

This sounds familiar to what I have found in stores here too, especially 7-11 stores.  They have individual packages of cards and combos.  They are from Hasbor/Wizards, but packaged differently.  I had gotten a couple packs before thinking there were special, but they were the same cards as I got at the game stores.  Essentially, it is just different packaging - the other difference being they were much more expensive then the card stores!  Smiley
IP Logged

Procrastination is an art. And I am an artist.
Tenacious_Dyl

Old Cards Rock

ThoughtsForEatin
View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 1:16am »

Right.. the Starter Packs and Onslaught make perfect sense. However.. there is FRENCH HOMELANDS included. Not exactly a 'common printining'. I am a very very careful mtg buyer. The store that is selling these has never carried many magic cards, and when they have, they are always the newest sets, and in their collectables section. These are French cards, many years old in Magic Terms, and in the Grocery section... it is SO odd.

So.. if anyone needs sealed French Homelands, Or Sealed English Scourge, or Starter Gold & Silver decks (in white plastic, not in the usual clear-plastic casing). Let me know.
IP Logged
motorcitymagic

Voted Best-loved Forum Member of 2004.

motorcitymagic  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 7:50am »

I've been seeing this stuff for years around Detroit, especially at Meijer's. There is a company in the area that repacks Magic, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, etc. into plastic blisters as you describe. The worst one is the repacks containing the Gold and Silver decks from the Core Set/7e starter games, with no instruction booklets or foil promos.

Next time I'm there I'll note the company and address info.
IP Logged

MTG Archive - a free online encyclopedia devoted to Magic
dragsamou

Help Me Finish My Magic Rarities Collection

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 8:02am »

on Dec 17th, 2003, 1:16am, Tenacious_Dyl wrote:
Right.. the Starter Packs and Onslaught make perfect sense. However.. there is FRENCH HOMELANDS included. Not exactly a 'common printining'. I am a very very careful mtg buyer. The store that is selling these has never carried many magic cards, and when they have, they are always the newest sets, and in their collectables section. These are French cards, many years old in Magic Terms, and in the Grocery section... it is SO odd.

So.. if anyone needs sealed French Homelands, Or Sealed English Scourge, or Starter Gold & Silver decks (in white plastic, not in the usual clear-plastic casing). Let me know.

Hi Tenacious.
What's inside the Sealed Starter Gold and Silver?What's the price?Thanks.
IP Logged

http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107104379
http://magiclibrary.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=trading-promos;action=display;num=1107106308
flatmatt

It's a Bear!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 9:27pm »

on Dec 17th, 2003, 7:50am, motorcitymagic wrote:
I've been seeing this stuff for years around Detroit, especially at Meijer's. There is a company in the area that repacks Magic, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, etc. into plastic blisters as you describe. The worst one is the repacks containing the Gold and Silver decks from the Core Set/7e starter games, with no instruction booklets or foil promos.

Next time I'm there I'll note the company and address info.

Yeah, I like their packs with 2 recent English boosters and 2 T-Chinese boosters a couple years old.  Those are fun.  My first foreign pull was a Meddling Mage (which was also my in my first booster after returning to the game), which I now have signed. Smiley
IP Logged

It's a Bear! - My Bear collection - Website now faster!
MOTL H/W List
Tenacious_Dyl

Old Cards Rock

ThoughtsForEatin
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17th, 2003, 11:02pm »

Dragsamou... the repacks w/ the starters i believe are either 11$ or 14$ (for both).  

Let me know if you need them. Smiley

Dylan I.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Magic Library Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.